BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Identiverse™, the world’s premier identity conference, formerly known as Cloud Identity Summit, today announced highlights from last month’s event. Taking place in Boston, the conference hosted more than 200 sessions from identity experts, including keynotes from organizations like Facebook, GE, Salesforce, Amazon and MIT. The event also experienced a 27 percent growth in sponsoring companies and exhibitors, all of which are driving innovation in the field—including Optiv, Microsoft, Google, IDMWORKS, KPMG, Auth0, Radiant Logic, and Tuebora.
“The enthusiasm from attendees at this year’s event reinforced that Identiverse has become the ultimate place for the identity community to convene and network. The energy found in each session, conference activities and hallway conversations left me really excited to watch what will unfold across the industry in the coming months,” said Andre Durand, CEO of Ping Identity and founder of the Identiverse conference.
Identiverse 2018 Keynote Speakers and Presentations
The keynote speaker and presentations spanned a variety of identity and security topics, including the following:
- Andrew McAfee, co-director of the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy, and the Associate Director of the Center for Digital Business at the MIT Sloan School of Management: “Business Advice We Shouldn’t Believe Anymore”
- Jonathan Zittrain, George Bemis Professor of International Law at Harvard Law School and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government: “The Privacy Conundrum: Rights or Rewards?”
- Taavi Kotka, Former CIO of Estonia: “Government for the Digital Age: Lessons Learned and Futures Explored”
- Andre Durand, CEO, Ping Identity: “The Unforeseen Forces Shaping Identity”
- Nasrin Rezai, Global Chief Information and Product Security Officer, GE: “An Identity Journey at GE”
- Ian Glazer, Vice President, Identity Product Management, Salesforce and Founder and President of IDPro.org, and Andrew Hindle, Content Chair of Identiverse and Founding Board Member of IDPro: “Our Secret Strengths: The Skills of an Identity Professional”
- Kriti Sharma, VP Artificial Intelligence, Sage, and Pamela Dingle, Director of Identity Standards, Microsoft: “Identity Diversity and Artificial Intelligence”
- Alex Weinert, General Manager, Identity Security and Protection, Microsoft: “Basics and Black Magic: Defending Against Current and Emerging Threats”
- Ken Munro, Partner and Founder, Pen Test Partners, LLP: “The Insecurity of Things: Identity to the Rescue!”
- Richard Bird, Client Director, Optiv: “Out Gunned, Out Manned, Out Maneuvered: Why Identity-Centric Security Is The Only Way to Win”
Identiverse 2018 Twitter Highlights
- @adafinei: Last day at #Identiverse 2018. Amazing opportunity to shape the future of identity and access management with community activists and industry heavyweights #Identiverse
- @JMUBarry: .@pingidentity & @sailpoint It's about time these 2 great companies came together! #Identiverse
- @aykonsilvers: It’s not everyday that a former CIO of a country speaks to you! #identiverse
- @lpeterman: I think @SarahKSquire would make @selenakyle smile at #Identiverse In her cloud security talk, she posits the new metaphor for the game of security is economics. 100% agree.
- @NishantK: Another great @WomeninID lunch, and wonderful to see so many people show up (only time lines are appreciated). Inspiring to hear @sharma_kriti share her story. Small moments that add up to a big impact. #Identiverse
- @adfskitteh: Thank you @Identiverse @WomeninID and @sharma_kriti for a fantastic women's luncheon today.
- @OCGUSOfficial: A great Tuesday @Identiverse! @KbrintKeith presented on #hybrididentity, and one of our favorite customers, Chris from Hearst, presented on modern IAM strategy! A day full of excellent insights and #identity discussions.
Hosted by Ping Identity, Identiverse is known for being a community event, where identity experts and organizations around the world participate in powerful content discussions, networking, group activities and more. Learn about the family program that took place in Boston alongside the conference, the highly-anticipated performance by ZZAuth and the Love Tokens at the House of Blues, as well as the certification program and industry announcements in the blog titled “Shining Stars: Brightest Moments of Identiverse 2018.”
People, applications and devices are gravitating toward a digital world where they all recognize and interact with each other. This digital world is being built on a foundation of identity security designed by a community of people with a shared vision, from technologists and practitioners to thought leaders and end users. This is the Identiverse. It lives and breathes every day. And once a year it really shines. It summons the brightest minds in identity and security to gather and share the tools, technology and best practices that are built for today and the future. The Identiverse positions enterprises to realize the full potential of a digital economy—one where identity unlocks uncompromising digital experiences that are secure and seamless for everyone. For more information, go to www.identiverse.com.