NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Auto insurance company The General® today announced the launch of its new and improved mobile app for iOS and Android mobile devices. The release of this improved app further demonstrates the company’s vision to Make Life Easier® for customers, prospects and associates alike.
The app is designed to make it easier for customers to manage their policies, and for people looking to purchase a policy to get a quote.
Innovative features replacing the current app include:
- Simple sign in. Multiple sign-in options allow for flexibility and ease including biometric sign-in, or “Touch ID,” sign-in with Facebook or Google and account creation from the app.
- Instant ID Cards. Simply turn the phone horizontally to landscape view for convenient access to insurance verification from anywhere within the app.
- Easy claims. Start a claim or view claim status all from your device.
- More ways to pay. More options to pay including scheduling payments, splitting payments and finding the closest spot to pay in cash (of more than 20,000 locations nationwide).
- Quick quotes. Get a quote without having to sign in and view previous quotes.
“Our new app is designed to make customers’ lives easier when they are interacting with The General,” said Kale Sligh, AVP of Digital at The General. “This is just the beginning. We look forward to getting customer feedback and continuing to evolve the digital experience to meet their needs.”
The app launch kicks off with “The $50k Giveaway” sweepstakes where one lucky winner will win $50,000 to help make their life easier. The sweepstakes runs from July 16, 2018 – August 26, 2018 – enter after downloading the app. Participants don’t have to be a customer to enter the sweepstakes. (Rules and exclusion details are available when entering the sweepstakes.)
Television viewers will also begin seeing new ads about the app and the sweepstakes featuring Brand Ambassador, Shaquille O’Neal and The General character.
ABOUT THE GENERAL
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, The General Automobile Insurance Services, Inc. (The General®) is a licensed insurance agency and subsidiary of PGC Holdings Corp. (PGC), which is wholly owned by American Family Mutual Insurance Company. Through its insurance company subsidiaries and their predecessors, PGC has been writing automobile insurance since 1963. Based in Nashville, Tenn., The General® serves customers with various needs, specializing in those who may have difficulty obtaining insurance from other insurers at a reasonable rate. The General®, part of the American Family Insurance group of companies, is active in 47 states.
The General® primarily sells its products online and through call centers, independent agents, partners and American Family Insurance agents. In recent years, The General® has also developed a broader advertising approach through professional sports sponsorships and philanthropic partnerships. Visit www.thegeneral.com or www.thegeneral.com/shaq; follow The General on Twitter and Facebook.