DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Investigation Report on Chinese Valsartan Market, 2018-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The growing economy has greatly changed the lifestyle and diet of Chinese people and led to the increasing incidence of hypertension in China. According to population size and structure, China has over 300 million hypertensive patients, over 1/3 of the global total. However, China has a wide gap with developed countries on hypertension control rate.
According to research, the sales value of Valsartan was about CNY 537 million in 2017, a slight decrease over 2016. The sales volume increased while the average price fell, which doesn't mean shrinking market demand.
There are many Valsartan manufacturers in China while the concentration ratio is high. In 2017, over 90% market share by sales value was captured by Beijing Novartis Pharma Co., Ltd., Lunan Better Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Novartis and Changzhou Siyao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
The Valsartan (trade name: Diovan) produced by Beijing Novartis Pharma Co., Ltd. took up over 85% of the Chinese market, and the domestic enterprises also gained some market share by price advantage.
Many domestic pharmaceutical enterprises expect to scrabble for market shares from Novartis by advantage of lower prices. For example, in June 2018, Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. obtained the production permit for Valsartan tablets (40mg, 80mg and 160mg) from CFDA.
It is estimated that the incidence of hypertension and the demand for Valsartan will continue to grow in China in the coming years.
- Beijing Novartis Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Changzhou Siyao Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- China Resources Saike Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Hainan Hualon Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Lunan Better Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Development environment of Valsartan in China
- Sales of Valsartan in China, 2013-2017
- Market share of major Valsartan manufacturers in China
- Sales of Valsartan in different dosage forms in China
- Average price of Valsartan in China
- Average prices of major manufacturers' Valsartan in China
- Prospects of Chinese Valsartan market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jszmlp/valsartan?w=4