NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today announced the return of its customer-favorite Vinyl Weekend, which will take place July 13 through July 15 at all stores nationwide. To kick off its annual celebration of vinyl records and music, Barnes & Noble has unveiled a huge selection of exclusive vinyl albums, with a special focus on Broadway music throughout the ages, which will be available at all stores, while supplies last.* There are extremely limited quantities of each exclusive vinyl available, so customers are encouraged to visit their local store as soon as possible during Vinyl Weekend to make sure they have the chance to pick up their favorites.
All stores will also feature discounts and offers throughout the weekend, and select stores will host a special Broadway-themed trivia activity where customers will have the opportunity to receive giveaways, while supplies last, on Saturday, July 14, at 2 PM. Customers should contact their local store or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator to find out if it is hosting the Broadway-themed trivia activity.
Top Barnes & Noble Vinyl Weekend Exclusives include:
Vinyl for the Broadway Enthusiast:
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Original Broadway Cast Recording, In the Heights
- Original Broadway Cast Recording, Cabaret
- Original Broadway Cast Recording, Hello, Dolly!
- Original Broadway Cast Recording, Hair
Vinyl for Movie Lovers:
- Music from the Miramax Motion Picture, Chicago
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Greatest Showman (back by popular demand)
- Marco Beltrami, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Hellboy
- Tom Holkenborg, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Tomb Raider
- Bette Midler, Original Soundtrack, Beaches
- Mamma Mia! (back by popular demand)
- Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Alan Silvestri, Ready Player One
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Road House
- Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket
- Original Soundtrack, Watchmen
Vinyl for Country, Folk and Jazz Aficionados:
- Johnny Cash, All Aboard the Blue Train
- Béla Fleck/Abigail Washburn, Béla Fleck/Abigail Washburn
- George Benson, Drop the Needle on the Hits: Best of George Benson
- Dave Brubeck, Time In
- Shirley Horn, Softly
- Dave Brubeck, Dave Digs Disney
- Charles Ray, Drop the Needle: Best of Charles Ray
- Wilson Picket, Drop the Needle on the Hits: Best of Wilson Picket
- Percy Sledge, Drop the Needle on the Hits: Best of Percy Sledge
Vinyl for People who Love Pop & Rock:
- Alabama Shakes, Boys & Girls
- Ben Folds Five, Complete Sessions at West 54th
- David Bowie, Reality
- David Bowie, Heathen
- Chicago, If You Leave Me Now (And Other Hits)
- Coldplay, Rush of Blood to the Head
- Phil Collins, The Singles 2 LP
- 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition , Grateful Dead, Anthem of the Sun
- James Taylor, Covers
- The Jayhawks, Back Roads and Abandoned Motels
- Pentatonix, PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. 1
- Leon Russell, On a Distant Shore
- Madonna, The Immaculate Collection 2 LP
- Les Paul Trio, After You’ve Gone (1944-1945)
- Steve Tyrell, Song For You
- Sun Records 7” Box Set
- Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite, Get Up!
- Elvis Presley, Loving You
- Elvis Presley, King Creole
Vinyl for Bluegrass Fans:
- Allison Krauss & Union Station, Paper Airplane
- Steve Martin & Steep Canyon Rangers, Rare Bird Alert
Customers should visit their local store during Vinyl Weekend, or go online at BN.com/vinyl-weekend-exclusive, to shop the full collection.
Special Discounts and Offers:
All Barnes & Noble stores will also feature special discounts and offers during Vinyl Weekend, including:
- 10% off all vinyl
- 30% off select vinyl titles
- 50% off Barnes & Noble exclusive Crosley turntable and speaker set
- Free coffee with any vinyl or turntable purchase**
Special Broadway-Themed Trivia Activity on Saturday, July 14, at 2 PM:
On Saturday, July 14, at 2 PM, select stores invite customers to come test their musical knowledge and receive giveaways, such as a Broadway booklet with trivia questions, song lyrics and exclusive photos of Broadway artists, while supplies last. Customers should contact their local store or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator to find out if they are hosting the Broadway-themed trivia activity.
Barnes & Noble Customers Can Visit Select Stores Across the Country to Enter for the Chance to Win Special Prizes:
Barnes & Noble customers can visit select stores indicated below to enter for the chance to win special prizes, including:
- A special Vinyl Gift Set that includes a limited-edition, numbered The Album Collection: 1987-1996 Vol. 2 by Bruce Springsteen, with a personally autographed booklet (one winner at Barnes & Noble in Freehold, NJ).
- Billy Joel’s The Stranger LP Autographed (one winner at Barnes & Noble in Carle Place, NY).
- Ray Lamontagne Such A Simple Thing test pressing made on a 78 RPM 10” (two winners at Barnes & Noble Cool Springs in Brentwood, TN; and two winners at Barnes & Noble Carriage Crossing in Collierville, TN).
- A Tribe Called Quest test pressing Limited-Numbered Edition Vinyl (three winners at Barnes & Noble Fifth Avenue in New York City).
Barnes & Noble Customers Can Go Online to Enter for the Chances to Win a Signed Guitar from Buddy Guy or a Signed Guitar by Leon Bridges:
Barnes & Noble customers can enter for the chances to win a signed guitar from Buddy Guy or a signed guitar by Leon Bridges, from today through July 31, 2018, by participating in an online sweepstakes sponsored by Sony Music.***
Customers can view sweepstakes rules and enter for a chance to win a Leon Bridges autographed Epiphone Sheraton by visiting http://smarturl.it/LeonBridgesGiveaway.
Customers can view sweepstakes rules and enter for a chance to win a Buddy Guy autographed Standard Stratocaster by visiting http://smarturl.it/BuddyGiveaway.
For more information on Vinyl Weekend, customers should contact a knowledgeable bookseller at their local store or visit BN.com/vinyl-weekend-exclusive.
*Not all titles will be available at all stores. Limited quantity available for all titles.
** Offer only available at Barnes & Noble stores with a Barnes & Noble Café.
*** Barnes & Noble is neither a sponsor nor a co-sponsor of the sweepstakes.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 630 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.