ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the fifth straight year, The Washington Post has selected the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) as one of Washington, D.C.’s Top Workplaces. The judging process measured multiple workplace culture aspects, including alignment, effectiveness and connection.
“We are honored to be included on the Washington Post Top Workplaces List for the fifth year in a row,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “We aim to provide our employees with many opportunities to succeed, both professionally and personally, and celebrate the innovative and lively spirit of our industry. Our hardworking staff gives their best for continued growth in the consumer technology industry, and we try to reciprocate by providing tools to help with a healthy, balanced and positive lifestyle.”
CTA promotes a healthy work/life balance. Notable benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements: CTA offers a telework option for staff to work from home one day a week
- Broadband reimbursement: Employees are eligible for 50 percent reimbursement of their broadband bill
- Metro subsidy of up to $260 per month
- Student loan repayments of up to $200 per month: CTA offers monthly direct payments to employee’s student loan provider.
- Bike storage and discounted parking for employees who carpool to work
- Free exercise and yoga classes offered six times a week in the onsite gym
- $25,000 mortgage assistance towards the down payment of a primary residence within a five-mile radius of the office
- Telemedicine services: This service is accessible 24/7/365 for non-emergency healthcare issues via phone and video consult provided by a physician.
- Summer hours: 1 PM dismissal on Friday’s during May - September
- Professional development and training opportunities
CTA, the nation's largest tech trade association, has almost 200 employees and has a higher than average share of women in management compared to its peers. About two-thirds of CTA’s staff are women, with more than half of CTA’s senior team being women.
The Washington Post Top Workplaces list is based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by Energage, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement.
CTA’s awards and accolades include being honored by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace from 2014-2017 and the Best Places to Work in Virginia list for the last eight consecutive years. CTA is a nine-time winner of the CARE Awards and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters for the last five years’, as well as selected as one of DC Inno’s 2017 Coolest Companies in DC.
For more information about CTA’s corporate culture, leadership, benefits and career opportunities, visit CTA.tech.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
September 27, Amsterdam, Netherlands
& Standards Fall Forum
October 1-5, Hollywood, CA
October 3, Paris, France
October 15-17, Boston, MA
Unveiled New York
November 8, New York, NY
Unveiled Las Vegas
January 6. 2019, Las Vegas, NV
January 8-11, 2019, Las Vegas, NV