DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Enzymes Market Type, Source, Reaction Type, and Application - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global enzymes market was valued at $7,082 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $10,519 million in 2024, registering a CAGR of 5.7% from 2018 to 2024.
The factors that drive the growth of the enzymes market include upsurge in demand for cellulosic- & amylase-based biofuels, rise in need for effective pharmaceuticals & cosmetics, upsurge in usage of functional food & beverages (that contain enzymes), and increase in usage of enzyme-based techniques for detection & treatment of various chronic diseases.
However, restrictions related to chemical properties of enzymes and safety issues arising due to the contamination of enzymes impede the market growth. On the contrary, surge in adoption of enzyme-based technology such as protein engineering and high untapped potential in the emerging economies are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the market expansion.
- The protease segment accounted for one-fourth share of the global enzymes market in 2017
- The lyase segment is expected to grow at highest CAGR of 7.3% from 2018 to 2024
- The animal source segment accounted for around one-fifth share of the global market in 2017
- Europe accounted for around one-third share of the global market in 2017
- LAMEA is expected to provide lucrative market growth opportunities at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2018 to 2024
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Market Overview
Chapter 4: Global Enzymes Market, By Type
Chapter 5: Global Enzymes Market, By Source
Chapter 6: Global Enzymes Market, By Reaction Type
Chapter 7: Global Enzymes Market, By Application
Chapter 8: Global Enzymes Market, By Region
Chapter 9: Company Profiles
- AB Enzymes GmbH
- Advanced Enzyme Technologies Ltd.
- Amano Enzyme Inc.
- BASF SE (BASF Corporation)
- Codexis, Inc.
- DowDuPont Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Novozymes A/S
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (Affymetrix, Inc.)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/txz92m/global_enzymes?w=4