SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Silk Road Medical, Inc., a company dedicated to preventing the devastating burden of stroke through surgical innovation, today announced key events at the upcoming Society for Vascular Surgery 2018 Vascular Annual Meeting (VAM) June 20-23 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. These include real-world data presentations comparing the company’s TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) procedure to transfemoral carotid artery stenting (TFCAS) and carotid endarterectomy (CEA), as well as other company-sponsored events about TCAR.
Two podium presentations will feature data from the Society for Vascular Surgery’s TCAR Surveillance Project, launched in 2016 to obtain real-world comparative outcomes of TCAR and other carotid artery treatments from centers participating in the Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI):
- “In-hospital Outcomes of TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) and Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) in the SVS Vascular Quality Initiative” (VESS05) will be presented by Dr. Marc Schermerhorn of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston) on Wednesday, June 20 at 8:30 a.m. in Room 311.
- “TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) vs. Transfemoral Carotid Artery Stenting (TFCAS) in the SVS Vascular Quality Initiative” (SS24) will be presented by Dr. Mahmoud Malas of Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore) on Friday, June 22 at 4:22 p.m. in Ballroom A/B.
Silk Road Medical will be hosting TCAR @ Vascular Live on June 21 from 3-3:30 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall. “TCAR: Latest Stroke Prevention Data Signals Standard of Care Potential in Carotid Revascularization” will be presented by Dr. Marc Schermerhorn, Dr. Jeffrey Jim of University of Washington School of Medicine (St. Louis), Dr. Peter Schneider of Kaiser Permanente Medical Center (Honolulu) and Dr. Sumaira Macdonald of Silk Road Medical.
TCAR will also be featured in the interactive poster sessions:
- “The Learning Curve of TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)” will be presented by Dr. Alex King of University Hospitals Case Medical Center (Cleveland Heights, Ohio) on June 21 from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Auditorium
- “A Multi-Institutional Analysis of Contemporary Outcomes after TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) versus Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA)” will be presented by Dr. Alex King on June 22 from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- “Post-Approval Safety and Efficacy of TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)” will be presented by Dr. Angela Kokkosis of Stony Brook University Hospital (Stony Brook, New York) on June 22 from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Auditorium
Silk Road Medical will be exhibiting in booth #806.
About TCAR with the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection and Stent System
TCAR (TransCarotid Artery Revascularization) is a clinically proven procedure combining surgical principles of neuroprotection with minimally invasive endovascular techniques to treat blockages in the carotid artery at risk of causing a stroke. The ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent is intended to be used in conjunction with the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System (NPS) during the TCAR procedure. The ENROUTE Transcarotid NPS is a first in class device used to directly access the common carotid artery and initiate high rate temporary blood flow reversal to protect the brain from stroke while delivering and implanting the ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent.
About Silk Road Medical
Silk Road Medical, Inc. is a private company located in Sunnyvale, California, that develops and manufactures less-invasive medical devices intended to improve the treatment of vascular disease through proprietary transcarotid therapies. The company’s TCAR procedure addresses the concerns of millions of people with carotid artery disease who are at an increased risk of stroke. Detailed information can be found at www.silkroadmed.com.
ENROUTE is a registered trademark of Silk Road Medical, Inc.