DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Tea and Coffee Industry in South Africa 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The South African Tea and Coffee Industry highlights current conditions and trends, provides information on imports and exports, and discusses the factors influencing the success of the sector.
Profiles for 35 companies involved in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors of the industry are provided. Included is Chicory SA (Pty) Ltd, a company that supplies several coffee manufacturers with chicory, an important input to mixed ground and mixed instant coffees. Also profiled are Beaver Creek (Pty) Ltd, Assagay Coffee and Sabie Valley Coffee, three companies that farm the coffee plant, Coffea, and then roast, blend and distribute their coffee products.
Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries statistics show that the value of black tea production has declined considerably from R30.14m eight years ago to R5.16m in the 2016/2017 season. In contrast to the black tea sector where only three black tea estates remain in production, the herbal tea sector has grown.
The coffee sector has also grown, with consumption of coffee beans increasing from 29,760 tons in 2012/13 to 35,400 tons in 2015/16. Demand for premium coffees is illustrated by the growth in the number of coffee roasteries and coffee shops across the country.
South Africa now has more than 100 roasteries compared to fewer than 20 roasteries ten years ago.
- Chicory SA (Pty) Ltd
- Peacock Tea And Coffee (Pty) Ltd
- National Brands Ltd
- Nestle (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
- Strictly Coffee CC
- Sanpeace (Pty) Ltd
- MK Hendrikz
- Beaver Creek (Pty) Ltd
- J Wollbrandt
- Joekels Tea Packers (Pty) Ltd
- Rooibos Ltd
- Carmien Tea (Pty) Ltd
- Caturra Coffee Company (Pty) Ltd (The)
- L C Packaging (S A) (Pty) Ltd
- Barnes Tea and Coffee Merchants CC
- Royal Tea Packers CC
- Sabie Valley Coffee CC
- Assagay Coffee CC
- Clipper Coffee and Tea CC
- New Look Packers CC
- Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Tea and Coffee Distributors (Eastern Province) CC
- Cape Natural Tea Products (Pty) Ltd
- Mastertons Coffee and Tea Specialists (Pty) Ltd
- Ntingwe Farming (Pty) Ltd
- RT Cain
- Incobrands (Pty) Ltd
- Cafe Caps (Pty) Ltd
- Bubble Tea Company (Pty) Ltd (The)
- Vida E Caffe Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Famous Brands Coffee Company (Pty) Ltd
- Colombo Brew Co (Pty) Ltd
- Global Coffee Exports Ltd
- Hotel Lima Whiskey CC
- Union Hand Roasted (Pty) Ltd
Key Topics Covered
2. Description of the Industry
3. Size of the Industry
4. State of the Industry
5. Influencing Factors
7. SWOT Analysis
9. Industry Associations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z7k2sp/south_africa_tea?w=4