NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Security Token Academy, an organization focused on the forthcoming security token revolution, announces that Merrill Lynch Private Banking and Investment Group, Securitize, Harbor and other top blockchain companies will sponsor the upcoming Security Token Summit.
The sold-out June 11 event will include more than a dozen panel discussions featuring top experts in the security token, blockchain and crypto communities. Topics will focus on the transformative impact new security tokens will have on the financial services industry, including a panel on STX Operations led by Linda Lerner with Sean Franklin of NC4 and VerifyInvestor.com co-founder Jor Law, which will include a discussion on cybersecurity challenges and regulatory pressure. The event’s keynote address will be delivered by former Nasdaq Vice Chairman David Weild.
“The focus of this event goes well beyond first-generation cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and the second-generation Initial Coin Offerings,” said Aubrey Chernick, founder of the Security Token Academy. “The Security Token Summit is looking ahead and will tackle the imminent transformative and disruptive effect blockchain and tokenized assets will have on the financial industry in the decade to come.”
Sponsors for the day-long conference include:
- Merrill Lynch Private Banking and Investment Group: A division of Merrill Lynch, a Bank of America Corporation, that offers a broad array of personalized wealth management products and services
- Securitize: An end-to-end platform for issuers that are seeking to tokenize assets
- AlphaPoint: Global financial tech company helping institutions make illiquid assets liquid
- Clifford Chance: An elite law firm delivering innovative solutions to fintech companies and financial institutions worldwide
- Harbor: The compliance platform for tokenizing private securities
- tZero: Distributed ledger platform for capital markets
The Security Token Summit will take place on June 11, from 8:00 am until 6:30 pm ET, including a networking reception sponsored by Securitize, and will be held near the heart of the Manhattan Financial District at the Conrad Hotel. Videos of the event will be available to order for $99, which will also include a one-year membership to the Security Token Academy that provides members with exclusive invites to future events hosted by the academy.
About the Security Token Academy
The Security Token Academy is a new resource exploring the forthcoming security token industry. The Security Token Academy will offer expert series of live online video, panel discussions, interviews and in-person events to explore the evolution of the security token industry. The academy enables investors to understand the new and evolving security token and crypto-based investment industries, along with the associated opportunities and pitfalls.