M-Commerce propels continued growth of online retail in South Korea
South Korea B2C E-Commerce Market 2018 points to mobile phone penetration and smartphone shopping as drivers of the continued expansion of South Korea's already advanced online retail market. Recent rapid gains in the food and beverage sector also drive digital sales growth.
Already a regional and world leader in B2C E-Commerce, with over 20% of total retail sales attributed to online purchases last year, further growth is projected for South Korea. According to sources cited in the yStats.com report, mobile commerce will propel that continued growth, as most South Korean online shoppers already make over half their purchases through smartphone. An even greater portion of online sales of food and beverage are through mobile device.
Credit card remains the leader of E-Commerce payments in South Korea. Nevertheless, the yStats.com report indicates that mobile payment services such as Samsung Pay, Naver Pay and Kakao Pay are growing in acceptance.
As to the E-Commerce merchants in South Korea, eBay Korea is the market leader, whiles its competitors, 11Street, Naver, and brick and mortar based Lotte also rank high on the list of online sales volume pacesetters cited in the new yStats.com publication.
Questions Answered in this Report
- What projections are made for B2C E-Commerce sales in South Korea through 2021?
- How high is the share of mobile shopping in South Korea's E-Commerce?
- Which product categories are most popular among online shoppers in South Korea?
- Who are the B2C E-Commerce market leaders in South Korea in terms of online sales?
- What are the top 3 countries from which cross-border online shoppers in South Korea purchase?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Users & Shoppers
- eBay Korea Co. Ltd.
- Interpark Holdings Corp.
- Lotte Shopping Co Ltd.
- Naver Corp.
- SK Telecom
- Ticketmonster Inc.
- Wemakeprice Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lqqz76/south_korea_b2c?w=4