The market for telemedicine was valued at US$ 29.6 Billion in 2017 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of approximately 19% during 2017-2022.
The growth of the market is likely to be driven by increasing adoption of telemedicine, rising incidences of chronic diseases, growing geriatric population, government initiatives, and shortage of physicians amongst others.
The report provides insights about various factors that are affecting the growth of the markets. Furthermore, the report also includes the major trends and opportunities that will propel the industry's growth.
Overall, the report provides an extensive information and rational analysis of the global telemedicine market. A separate section is devoted to the major mergers & acquisitions that have taken place in the past few years. The report concludes with detailed business profiles along with strength and weakness of some of the key players operating in the market.
Some of the key players operating in the market are McKesson Corporation, Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare Ltd., Cerner Corporation, IBM, Honeywell Life Care Solutions, AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., and Medtronic plc.
- Enabling Remote Patient Monitoring
- Combating Doctor Shortages with Telemedicine
- Strong Government Support in the US
- Ability of Telemedicine to Reduce Healthcare Cost
- Rising Adoption of Tele-health in Developed Economies
- Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- Growing Geriatric Population
- High Cost
- Legality, Privacy, and Security Concerns
- Relatively Low Adoption of Telemedicine in Developing Countries
- Lack of Proper Regulatory Framework
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
- Video Diagnostic Consultation
- Remote Cardiac Services
- More ACOs Using Technology to Improve Care and Cut Costs
- Expanding Reimbursement and Payment Opportunities
- Increasing Number of Retail Clinics and Employer Onsite Health Centers
- Emergence of Remote Clinical Enterprises
Key Topics Covered:
1. Analyst View
2. Research Methodology
3. Telemedicine: An Introduction
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Telemedicine Market
6. Global Telemedicine Market by End-Users
7. Global Telemedicine Market by Component
8. Global Telemedicine Market by Geography
9. Mergers & Acquisitions
10. Company Profiles
- McKesson Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- GE Healthcare Ltd.
- Cerner Corporation
- Honeywell Life Care Solutions
- AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Medtronic plc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xlf7kg/global?w=4