SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alfresco Software, a leading enterprise open source provider of process automation, content management, and information governance software, today announced a series of major product enhancements designed to help enterprises accelerate time to value associated with digital transformation initiatives. The new offerings from Alfresco enable organizations to:
- Gain greater business insights from their unstructured content
- Rapidly build experiences that people will actually use
- Iteratively deploy new functionality that keeps up with the needs of the business
Explained Vice President of Product Marketing Chris Wiborg, “Our goal with these new capabilities is to help customers come out on top when it comes to the question of whether or not they will be among the winners or the losers of the digital transformation race.”
As a recent survey, “Digital Disruption: Disrupt or Be Disrupted,” by Alfresco and Dimensional Research, reveals:
- The expected benefits are well understood: respondents called out increased employee productivity (74 percent), reduced costs (71 percent) and improved customer satisfaction (62 percent) as the top three benefits.
- The implicit threat is clear: 87 percent of the survey respondents believe their company would be negatively impacted if a more technically innovative competitor appeared.
- However, it’s a coin toss: only 50 percent of the companies surveyed believed that their company would be among the disruptors versus the disrupted.
“Alfresco looks to help customers tip the balance in their favor with our new products and enhanced capabilities,” Wiborg further explained.
The new Alfresco Insight Engine is designed to get more value out of digital assets under management. It provides the ability to quickly create custom dashboard-style reports revealing statistics and trends that previously required multiple IT professionals to produce with traditional extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools and techniques. Instead of waiting overnight, near real-time insights can now be surfaced by securely querying existing Solr indices with familiar SQL statements. Customers can use the out-of-the-box report builder or existing enterprise business intelligence tools to better analyze unstructured information.
With a library of over 150 components, the new Alfresco Application Development Framework uses angular and material design technologies to help developers rapidly build “fit-to- purpose” experiences that work across multiple platforms.
“The Alfresco Application Development Framework enables us to rapidly create tailored user experiences, reducing solution development time from months to weeks,” said Tom Chu, Development Manager at RBC Capital Markets. “With its modern material design and reusable components, it fits right in to the Agile and roadmap we have here at RBC CM.”
“Because of Alfresco, we are doing amazing things,” said Leonid Elkin, Senior Solution Architect leader at a major Federal Government Contractor and early Alfresco Application Development Framework adopter. “We are not only building quickly but also accelerating adoption by getting the experience right.”
When it comes to accelerating deployment, the core services that make up the Alfresco platform have also received major updates:
- Alfresco Process Services now includes a Quick Start for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. This cloud-native solution is the industry’s first Business Process Management (BPM) offering in the AWS marketplace, enabling customers to deploy highly scalable and available business processes to the cloud, with just a few clicks and in just a few minutes.
- Alfresco Content Services now enables IT organizations to build services, package them in Docker containers, and then leverage Kubernetes for rapid deployment into cloud environments such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Alfresco Governance Services 3.0 now offers enhanced features for records management and compliance, as well as enhanced desktop sync functionality for both Windows and Mac that drives compliance down to the desktop.
“Altogether, Alfresco’s new offerings are designed to work with the way today’s digital innovators deliver value to stay competitive: by assuming delivery is not all at once but more of an iterative cycle of build, deploy, analyze, and learn to get it right,” said Wiborg.
About Alfresco Software, Inc.
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information. Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.