PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Issuu, the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform, announced Issuu Stories, a new mobile-optimized content sharing feature that enables brands and creators to highlight and share specific pages of their digital content on their favorite social channels. Issuu Stories gives users the ability to easily integrate their content on social to deliver beautiful spreads and slick scrolls, and share with GIFs generated on Issuu. Additionally, users can include a shareable link directing readers to sequential or non-sequential pages within their digital publication.
Digital content from Issuu’s platform can be shared on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, and Reddit. To share a digital publication link through Instagram Stories, users must be an Instagram business user with more than 10,000 followers.
Issuu is enabling a deeper level of engagement by optimizing the way in which creators and brands can share their digital content – from articles, themed content, chapters, and more. Users have the ability to schedule uploads and easily share specific content from their digital publication and deliver it to audiences in a new eye-catching format from anywhere and on any device.
“Issuu has always been focused on the transformation of the publishing industry, and we’re doing it again with the launch of Issuu Stories. We are enabling creators and brands to automatically transform the elements of their publications into sharable mobile-optimized stories – fully accessible and monetizable,” said Joe Hyrkin, CEO of Issuu. “We have more than 3.5 million brands and publishers on the Issuu platform distributing their content and we’re continuing to grow and expand. In fact, last year we saw a 30 percent increase in digital publications on our platform, which attracts more than 100 million readers per month.”
Quotes from Issuu brands and publishers about Issuu Stories:
- “We launched a print travel magazine as part of Lonely Planet's strategy to offer our trusted content on every platform the modern traveler is on. This summer, we're giving it a fresh new look and also using Issuu Stories. Issuu has helped us recreate the magazine experience and the inspiration it offers digitally. It also lets us track engagement in real time and get to know our readers better.” – Scott Toncray, operations manager, Lonely Planet Magazine
- “It’s so much easier for us to direct folks to specific stories now. I can’t wait to make a ton of these and schedule social media posts to promote.” – Paul Vitale, marketing and business development director, Sweet Paul
- “I appreciate the visual component where you can choose a series of pages to create a new story. This is so beneficial and helpful to fellow editors to share specific articles on Facebook and Twitter.”– Cathrine Khom, founder and editor-in-chief, Local Wolves
- “Issuu Stories helps us highlight our best features and get our content out to more people. It’s a great way to help get readers beyond the cover story.” – Ramona Atkin, editor-in-chief, Lucy’s Magazine
- We've been including Issuu gifs and direct links in our newsletters, and posting on social media, as well. It’s a great new way to share specific articles with our readers.” – Nate Rogers, editor-in-chief, FLOOD Magazine
Additional Resources available on Issuu:
Discover content you’ll love
- Check out “Discover Issuu: A Guide To Your Reading Experience” to explore new and up and coming publications on Issuu.
- To discover fresh content Issuu – from food & drink, style & fashion, travel, and more – readers can subscribe to receive a roundup of curated stories in their inbox every week.
Create a digital publication:
- For design inspiration to create a new publication, please visit: New: Magazine and Catalogue Templates for Brands, Bloggers and Creators of All Kinds.
- For marketing tips to increase engagement with your digital publication, check out: Marketing Tips for Publishers.
Issuu is the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform, attracting more than 100 million unique visitors per month. Issuu enables anyone — from independent creators to global brands — to share, measure and monetize their editorial, catalog or marketing content. Issuu, founded in 2006, is headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin, and New York City. For more information, please visit: www.Issuu.com.