HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced it has been named to the Best for Vets list by Military Times and recognized as a Silver-level Military Friendly® Employer and a Military Friendly® Brand by VIQTORY, which publishes G.I. Jobs®. Travelers has been included on the Best for Vets list for five consecutive years and has been named to the Military Friendly® Employer list for more than a decade.
Travelers was also one of only 37 companies named to the Military Times Best for VETS IndexSM, which measures the performance of publicly traded companies selected from the Military Times Best for Vets ranking.
“It’s been our experience that those with a military background deliver significant value to our business, and we’re honored to be continually recognized for the military-friendly culture that we’ve created at Travelers,” said Diane Bengston, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. “From our employee programs to the partnerships we have with organizations that assist veterans, we’re proud to support our veterans, guard members and reservists.”
Travelers demonstrates its commitment to fostering a military-friendly culture in a number of ways, including:
Recruiting and hiring practices
- A team comprising recruiters and employees with previous military experience builds relationships with national military and veteran organizations. This helps Travelers actively recruit transitioning service personnel for opportunities in a number of functions, including claim, customer service, investigations, information technology, nursing, risk control and underwriting.
Employee and community programs
- Since 2010, Travelers has supported American Corporate Partners, a national nonprofit focused on helping returning veterans discover their next career. The partnership has helped to create life-changing mentorships between Travelers employees and hundreds of post-9/11 veterans.
- The company’s Military and Veterans Diversity Network is a resource group open to all employees and is dedicated to promoting veterans’ career development and building awareness of veterans’ skills and experiences. Since its launch in 2013, the network has grown to more than 2,800 members nationally.
- In 2016, Travelers Chairman and CEO Alan Schnitzer signed a Statement of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve at a national level, reaffirming the company’s commitment to service members and their families. Company representatives also signed similar statements at the local level across multiple states.
- Travelers also supports special events to salute military personnel and their families during the Travelers Championship.
Benefits for those on active duty
- Benefits for employees deployed on active duty include benefits continuation and leave-of-absence policies. The company provides full benefits and supplements employees’ military pay for the duration of their deployment, up to five years.
To learn more about Travelers and its commitment to recruiting military service members, visit careers.travelers.com/military.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $29 billion in 2017. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.