SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RED HAT SUMMIT 2018 -- Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today highlighted global momentum for its enterprise Kubernetes platform, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, with expanded support from global systems integrators (SI). Enterprise digital transformation strategies frequently demand flexible, scalable, and modern platforms to run cloud-native workloads, a need that SIs seek to address with Kubernetes-based orchestration technologies. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform offers a powerful and flexible Kubernetes platform based on proven enterprise technologies, paired with a robust partner ecosystem and a vibrant community, providing SIs with an innovative foundation to drive end user transformation.
According to Gartner, “In cloud-native computing areas, once a technology is regarded as a de facto standard, the ecosystem surrounding it will quickly grow. Therefore, an important action is to be familiar with the container management ecosystem and to align to de facto standard candidates such as Kubernetes.”1 Across Red Hat’s partner ecosystem, SIs are taking notice of Kubernetes’ importance to digital transformation and cloud-native development, and are turning to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to help fuel these organizational efforts.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform unites developers and IT operations on a single platform to build, deploy, and manage applications consistently across hybrid cloud infrastructures. This helps businesses achieve greater value by delivering modern and traditional applications with shorter development cycles and increased efficiencies. The platform is built on open source innovation and industry standards, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Kubernetes, and is trusted by many companies around the world.
Red Hat OpenShift partner ecosystem
To better address the needs of enterprise digital transformation, many Red Hat partners, including systems integrators, are building out offerings and practices based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Globally, these organizations are integrating Red Hat technology into comprehensive solutions to help enable cloud-native success for both their customers and internally, including:
- Accenture has integrated Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with its Accenture DevOps Platform (ADOP) designed to help clients increase their agility to better deal with disruption. Through its Cloud Native Architecture Practice, it helps build new applications, leveraging container and microservice based architectures, with automated deployment to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Through its work with Red Hat, Accenture aims to enable clients to move to a multi-speed IT model that enables them to innovate and develop new services more quickly.
- Atos delivers a fully-managed cloud container solution - Atos Managed OpenShift (AMOS) - built on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform that helps customers to create and run cloud-native applications and migrate legacy workloads on hybrid cloud environments via a fully-managed service.
- DXC Technology offers the DXC Managed Container Platform as a Service (PaaS) powered by Red Hat OpenShift designed to help clients take advantage of OpenShift while providing application containerization, migration, and managed platform services. DXC’s managed platform service leverages the advantages of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform combined with DXC’s operational expertise for its enterprise clients.
- HCL Technologies offers Cloud Native Services powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to its enterprise customers. The collaboration combines the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with HCL’s IT transformation and operations capabilities for a holistic application Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution designed to accelerate build and deployment of modern cloud-native applications. This enables an experience-centric, outcome-oriented technology solution and lays the foundation for a 21st century enterprise.
- Lenovo provides the Lenovo DevOps Solution based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. The solution includes optimized hardware along with corresponding container consultation services, DevOps best practices, and training, with the intent to assist customers in accelerating application development and delivery.
- Wipro selected Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for its Cloud Application Factory. The solution is designed to offer developers and IT teams a repeatable and rapid methodology for application modernization across public, private, and hybrid clouds.
Ashesh Badani, vice president and general manager, OpenShift, Red Hat
“Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is not only a powerful platform for modern infrastructure deployments, it’s also a springboard for partners to deliver new services in response to enterprise digital transformation. We’re pleased to be able to support our global partner ecosystem and the growing OpenShift community as they drive new opportunities for Kubernetes across the globe and industries.”
Nigel Barnes, global lead technology architect, Accenture
“When determining the underlying platform for our enterprise DevOps solution, we needed a technology that could adapt to cloud-native workloads while also allowing for the continuation and modernization of existing production applications. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform provides the Kubernetes-centric basis for our Accenture DevOps Platform (ADOP), helping clients fuel digital transformation efforts through innovative technologies as well as best practices and our expert services.”
Sean Narayanan, executive vice president, Head of B&PS, Atos
“We are excited to collaborate with Red Hat around the new opportunities posed by Linux containers and Kubernetes orchestration technologies, both of which are components of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. We look forward to our continued work with Red Hat to build solutions that help support our clients on their digital transformation journeys.”
Eugene O’Callaghan, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud & Platform Services, DXC Technology
“DXC Technology offers the DXC Managed Container PaaS powered by Red Hat OpenShift designed to enable developers to build, deploy, and manage containerized applications on a single platform, across hybrid and cloud infrastructures. The service was jointly developed by DXC and Red Hat engineers to leverage the latest advancement in cloud native applications development and to provide integration across legacy applications and modern, managed cloud environments.”
Kalyan Kumar, corporate vice president and CTO, HCL Technologies
“HCL continues to invest in developing strong partnerships that address the digital business transformation needs for our customers. With the HCL application Platform–as–a–Service powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, developers can experience significantly faster time-to-market and reduced complexity in bringing enterprise applications to production. This enables enterprises to drive agility, accelerate innovation, and create more responsive IT organizations.”
John Majeski, head of Lenovo Software Solutions
“Partnering with Red Hat and Intel, Lenovo has created a comprehensive enterprise-grade software solution that enables organizations to automate and accelerate their DevOps quality and innovation. Lenovo DevOps with OpenShift is a hybrid cloud solution that provides businesses with a new, unified DevOps platform consisting of best-practices-based enterprise software, hardware and advisory services.”
Andrew Aitken, general manager and Global Open Source Practice Leader, Wipro
“When looking for technologies to run our Cloud Application Factory, we knew we needed a solution that would help reduce the cost and time associated with developing and modernizing enterprise applications. With Cloud Application Factory powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, our customers can not only support legacy applications, but also quickly develop new cloud-based applications that enable innovation.”
- Learn more about Red Hat OpenShift
- Learn more about Red Hat Summit
- Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
- Become a fan of Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Cerrtain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; risks related to errors or defects in our offerings and third-party products upon which our offerings depend; risks related to the security of our offerings and other data security vulnerabilities; fluctuations in exchange rates; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; changes in and a dependence on key personnel; the ability to meet financial and operational challenges encountered in our international operations; and ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, and OpenShift are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
1 Gartner Emerging Technology Analysis: Container Management Solutions in Data Center Infrastructure, Wataru Katsurashima, Michael Warrilow, and Scot MacLellan, March 20, 2018