IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vizient, Inc. has recognized 10 member hospitals that improved the performance of their supply chain operations and lowered their overall cost of care in 2017 through innovative problem solving and by leveraging Vizient solutions and services. The awards were presented at the 2018 Vizient Connections Summit, held May 1-3 in Las Vegas.
“Vizient is excited to recognize the significant accomplishments of the top-ranked performers in each award category. These organizations represent the highest-performing supply chains in our membership. These supply chain leaders and their dedicated teams are leveraging all available services and solutions to map new paths to lower the cost of care while maintaining high levels of patient satisfaction,” said Jody Hatcher, president sourcing and collaboration services for Vizient.
The awards and hospitals recognized at the 2018 Vizient Connections Summit are:
- The Performance Solutions Excellence Award recognizes an integrated delivery network (IDN) and a community hospital that achieve the greatest performance improvement as measured by documented cost savings in 2017. The top-ranked performer in the IDN category is Sutter Health in Sacramento, Calif. The top-ranked performer in the community hospital category is Stormont Vail Health in Topeka, Kan.
- The Supply Chain Performance Excellence Award recognizes performance in supply chain management as measured by supply expense at the facility level as well as for select departments such as pharmacy, laboratory, imaging, radiology, blood services, cardiology and surgical services. The top-ranked performer is Emory University Hospital Midtown in Atlanta.
- The Cost Management and Savings Leadership Award recognizes an IDN and a community hospital member achieving the highest performance in cost management as measured by GPO savings and value. The top-ranked performers are BJC HealthCare (IDN) in St. Louis and Aultman Hospital (community hospital) in Canton, Ohio.
- The Supply Chain Management Excellence Award for distribution, logistics and inventory management (DLIM) recognizes innovative projects by members implemented over the last 12 to 18 months, which produced supply chain performance improvement. The top-ranked performer is Temple University Health System in Philadelphia.
- The Supply Chain Management Excellence Award for supply chain innovation (SCI) recognizes innovative solutions developed by member organizations that have enhanced or changed their supply chain models, reduced cost or improved quality or outcomes. The top-ranked performer is Penn Medicine in Philadelphia.
- The Supply Chain Management Excellence Award for sourcing and resource management (SRM) recognizes member projects or initiatives implemented over the last 12 to 18 months, which produced supply chain performance improvement in sourcing and resource management processes in areas such as product selection, contracting, procurement, standardization and utilization. The top-ranked performer is Parkview Health in Fort Wayne, Ind.
- The Supplier Diversity Excellence Award recognizes the member that best champion inclusion in their supply chain and accelerates economic growth in their local community through the engagement and empowerment of minority-, women- and veteran-owned business enterprises. The winning organization is Parkland Health & Hospital System in Dallas.
- The Environmentally Preferred Sourcing Excellence Award recognizes the member that positively contributes to human and environmental health through responsible purchasing decisions. The winning organization is Advocate Health Care in Downers Grove, Ill.
The annual spring Vizient Connections Summit brings members, suppliers and industry experts together in a collaborative setting to share insights and practices for strategic management of the supply chain to help improve financial and operations performance. The fall Vizient Connections Summit, will focus on clinical, quality and performance improvement strategies.
About Vizient, Inc.
Vizient, Inc., the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country, provides innovative data-driven solutions, expertise and collaborative opportunities that lead to improved patient outcomes and lower costs. Vizient’s diverse membership base includes academic medical centers, pediatric facilities, community hospitals, integrated health delivery networks and non-acute health care providers and represents approximately $100 billion in annual purchasing volume. The Vizient brand identity represents the integration of VHA Inc., University HealthSystem Consortium and Novation, which combined in 2015, as well as MedAssets’ Spend and Clinical Resource Management (SCM) segment, including Sg2, which was acquired in 2016. In 2018, Vizient again received a World’s Most Ethical Company designation from the Ethisphere Institute. Vizient’s headquarters are in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States. Please visit www.vizientinc.com as well as our newsroom, blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages for more information about the company.