DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Potassium Citrate Market - Growth, Trend and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global potassium citrate market was valued at USD 629.23 million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 797.65 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
Potassium citrate finds a myriad of applications across the diverse set of industries. Right from pharmaceutical and personal care to the most prominent processed food industries, all of have been experiencing huge demands for potassium citrate owing to its superior functionality. In pharmaceutical industries, potassium citrate is used to treat urinary calculi (kidney stones). It is also used as an alkalizing agent in the treatment of mild urinary tract infections, such as cystitis. It also finds an increasing application in baby products, make-up, bath products, soaps and detergents, hair dyes and colors, and hair and skin care products. It acts as a cleansing agent in various other industries.
The market for potassium citrate has high potential for growth in the near future due to its wide range of applications in various industries. Globally, the highest applications for potassium citrate is in the food & beverage industry. It is primarily utilized as an acidity regulator and preservative in processed foods, such as fish products, sugars and syrups, salt substitutes, hot beverages, dairy-based drinks, infant formulas, alcoholic beverages, and water-based beverages. Potassium citrate is commonly used as a flavor enhancer, particularly for processed foods and commercially available citrus beverages.
- November 2017: Cargill announced that it is investing USD 240 million in India over the next 5 years. These new investments will add to the food processing and agriculture industries including the production of potassium citrate of the country.
- October 2017: Tate & Lyle announced major expansion of its citric acid, potassium citrate and malto-dextrin capacity at its facility in Slovakia. This major expansion of food grade products is expected to be completed in 2019.
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Approach & Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
- Cargill Inc.
- Tate & Lyle
- Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
- Cofco Biochemical
- American Tartaric Products
- Huangshi Xinghua Biochemical
- Gadot Biochemical Industries
- Juxian Hongde Citric Acid Co. Ltd
- Thai Citric Acid
- Posy Pharmachem Pvt Ltd.
- FBC Industries Inc.
- RZBC Group Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/78rg6t/global_potassium?w=4