BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Turbonomic today announced a major update to its workload automation software, delivering on the promise of application-aware infrastructure and making any type of workload – virtual, cloud and container – SMART (self-managing, anywhere, in real-time). Innovations in Turbonomic v6.1 include continuous usage automation of AWS Reserved Instances; a new integration with Cisco AppDynamics; new continuous optimization of container platforms; and a next-generation, AI-powered Decision Engine. Collectively, today’s news extends Turbonomic’s industry-leading workload automation, enabling customers to continuously automate trustworthy decisions for any type of workload anywhere (on-premises, in the cloud, and in containers) and at any time.
As organizations continue to accelerate digital transformation and IT modernization initiatives, the resulting high volume of dynamic workloads distributed across a decentralized hybrid cloud infrastructure leads to management complexity that is beyond the scale of manual control or monitoring tools. Only software automation, powered by AI, can ensure that applications continuously get the resources needed to perform at the lowest possible cost, while maintaining compliance with business policies.
“The promise of an intelligent, AI-enabled data center has yet to be realized. To create a self-learning system that optimizes DC and cloud resources and predicts and mitigates system failure, I&O leaders should take a holistic approach by combining architectures with smart algorithms,” according to Gartner analyst George J. Weiss in the March 2018 report, “How to Build the Intelligent Data Center.”
Turbonomic’s next-generation AI-powered decision engine analyzes performance, cost and compliance data across the entire IT stack (from applications through virtualization/cloud to the physical layers) and generates trustworthy decisions at scale, orders of magnitude faster than before. On top of this, customers benefit from:
- Continuously automating AWS Reserved Instance (RI) utilization in concert with re-sizing actions, enabling true elasticity, often driving 30 percent or more cloud savings.
- Understanding application resource utilization and topology, and automating trustworthy decisions, with new Application Performance Management (APM) technology integrations – beginning with Cisco AppDynamics, which has recently been positioned as a leader in the March 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites. This new integration builds upon Turbonomic’s robust native application-aware capabilities, with additional future APM integrations expected, including DynaTrace, New Relic and others.
- Real-time optimization of container platforms, at scale, with new support for Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
John Belcher, Principal Infrastructure Engineer at MetroStar Systems
“Turbonomic is one of our mission-critical technologies, serving as the bridge from our on-premises to AWS public cloud. Turbonomic is always working in the background, making intelligent decisions that are based upon workload demand. The software continuously optimizes our AWS environment, resulting in a 25 percent reduction in monthly spend in the cloud every month and saving hundreds of hours of labor a year.”
Benjamin Nye, CEO, Turbonomic
“The IT industry is experiencing three fundamental shifts: manual to automated IT operations, virtual machine to cloud and container-based computing, and the rapid adoption of hybrid cloud. The scale and complexity created, in addition to the proliferation and variety of workloads, are forcing customers to re-orient how they approach IT operations. AI-powered software that automatically makes workloads self-managing, anywhere, in real-time, or ‘SMART’, is critical for customers to assure application performance while maximizing efficiency, all while maintaining compliance with business policy.”
- Read more technical detail about Turbonomic v6.1 in this Turbonomic blog
- Connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and on the Turbonomic Green Circle Community
- For news, updates and executive perspectives, follow @Turbonomic on Twitter and use #Turbonomic
Turbonomic delivers workload automation for hybrid cloud, thereby assuring performance while lowering cost and maintaining compliance with business policies. The Turbonomic platform matches workload demand to infrastructure supply, helping customers maintain a continuous state of application health. Founded in 2009, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest-growing technology companies, trusted by thousands of enterprise organizations, and 100 of the Fortune 500, to activate their hybrid cloud journey.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.