QUINCY, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Atlantic Broadband, the nation's 9th largest cable operator, today announced that the final step in the acquisition of MetroCast Cable Systems is complete and the organization has been rebranded as Atlantic Broadband. Starting today, Atlantic Broadband is delivering automatic internet speed upgrades to all legacy MetroCast residential and business customers. All residential subscribers now have access to speeds up to 200 Mbps and businesses as high as 500 Mbps depending on the market. These increases represent the first in new enhanced services that will continue to roll out throughout the year.
Automatic speed increases will vary based on a customers’ current speed subscription. Residential customers’ changes include:
- Access tier download speeds increase from 1.5 Mbps to 10 Mbps
- High Speed Express tier download speeds increase from 5 Mbps to 20 Mbps
- Turbo tier download speeds increase from 35 Mbps & 50 Mbps to 100 Mbps
- Ultra tier download speeds increase from 105 Mbps &150 Mbps to 200 Mbps
Business customers’ changes include:
- Small business tier download speeds increase from 10 Mbps to 25 Mbps
- Performance tier download speeds increase from 60 Mbps to 100 Mbps
- Advanced tier download speeds increase from 120 Mbps to 200 Mbps
- Professional tier download speeds will soon increase from 200 Mbps to 300 Mbps in Berwick/Pocono Pennsylvania, King George and Saluda Virginia locations
- Professional tier download speeds will soon increase from 200 Mbps to 500 Mbps in our Sanford Maine, Belmont and Rochester New Hampshire and St. Mary’s Maryland locations
With these improvements, homes and businesses will experience significantly faster and more powerful speeds, which allow users to surf, stream, download, work and game online at the same time, with greatly enhanced reliability and productivity.
“People consume technology at an infinitely higher rate than they did just a few years ago. Residential customers may operate as many as 10+ connected devices in a household daily and businesses rely on fast speeds and powerful internet to stay competitive,” said Rich Shea, President and CEO of Atlantic Broadband. “To ensure customers have the best user experience, we are committed to investing in the latest technology and will begin rolling out Gigabit Internet service to our new markets starting this summer.”
Additionally, customers can continue to take advantage of increased internet speeds with Atlantic Broadband WiFi Hotspots. Customers can select AtlanticBB WiFi to see the list of available networks on their laptops or mobile devices and enter their email and password to get on the network.
Atlantic Broadband’s parent company, Cogeco Communications announced the purchase of cable systems owned by Harron Communication, L.P. and operating under the MetroCast brand name on January 4, 2018.
Atlantic Broadband now hosts operations across 11 states on the east coast of the United States, including Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. The organization is headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts.
ABOUT ATLANTIC BROADBAND
Atlantic Broadband, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. (TSX: CCA), is the 9th largest cable operator in the United States, based on the number of television service customers served. The company provides its residential and business customers with Internet, TV and Phone services in 11 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. Atlantic Broadband is headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts. To learn more about Atlantic Broadband, please visit atlanticbb.com.