REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Jotun: Valhalla Edition – Jotun: Valhalla Edition is a hand-drawn, action-exploration game set in Norse mythology. You play as Thora, a Viking warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods to enter Valhalla. Explore vast regions of Norse Purgatory to find runes to unleash the jotun, giant Norse elementals. Fight them using only your massive two-handed axe, the blessings of the Gods and your skills. Jotun: Valhalla Edition launches April 27.
- Light Fall – Explore the Forgotten World of Numbra to uncover your mysterious past and save the land and its inhabitants from an imminent threat. In this land of eternal night, you will rely on your Shadow Core to brave the many challenges and foes standing in your way. Do you have what it takes to survive in perilous Numbra?
DLC & Updates:
- Splatoon 2 Update Now Available – Nintendo has dropped some fresh (and free!) new content for the Splatoon 2 game on the Nintendo Switch system this week! After downloading a major new update (Version 3.0) to the Splatoon 2 game, players will have access to a huge amount of new content. This includes the addition of more than 100 pieces of new and returning gear, new songs, the introduction of a challenging new X Rank for the top-performing players in Ranked Battle, weapon balance adjustments and the return of Callie of the famous Squid Sisters. For more information about this free update, please visit the official Nintendo customer support site.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Version 1.4.0 Update – The Version 1.4.0 free update, which will be available later today, includes the ability to recruit and resonate the Rare Blade T-elos from the Xenosaga series after clearing the main game story. Get full update notes at the official Nintendo customer support site.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass: Rare Blade Pack – Expansion Pass owners can now receive the first additional Rare Blade from the Expansion Pass, Poppibuster! Learn more about the Expansion Pass here: https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/dlc/.
My Nintendo – Nintendo Labo Creators Contest – Make, Play and
Discover with Nintendo Labo! Create your masterpiece using a Nintendo
Labo kit and a Nintendo Switch system, then post a video or image of
your creation to the My
Nintendo – Nintendo Labo Creators Contest official site. The
winning My Nintendo members will each receive:
- a Nintendo Labo Variety Kit or Nintendo Labo Robot Kit
- a Nintendo Labo Creators jacket
- a framed award certificate signed by Nintendo Labo developers
- Best Decorated Toy-Con – Enter by 10:59 a.m. PT on May 11
- Best Toy-Con Mod using Toy-Con Garage – Enter by 10:59 a.m. PT on May 25
- Best Original Invention Using Toy-Con Garage – Enter by 10:59 a.m. PT on June 15
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week:
- 12 orbits (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available April 27
- A Robot Named Fight (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO GHOST PILOTS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO STAKES WINNER (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 2
- Agatha Knife (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available April 27
- Arcade Archives 10-Yard Fight (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 2
- Bouncy Bob (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available April 27
- DragoDino (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available April 27
- Glaive: Brick Breaker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Goetia (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Hello Kitty Kruisers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Late Shift (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Ninja Striker! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Saturday Morning RPG (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Save the Ninja Clan (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available April 27
- Sky Rogue (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Snow Moto Racing Freedom (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available April 27
- Sparkle ZERO (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Super Saurio Fly (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) Available April 28
- The Bridge – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Tumblestone – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Unalive (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
*Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, ages 13+. Nintendo Switch system and Nintendo Labo kit required. Contest begins 11 AM PT on 4/20/18 and ends at 10:59 AM PT on 5/11/18 for the Best Decorated Toy-Con Contest Category, 10:59 AM PT on 5/25/18 for the Best Toy-Con Mod Using Toy-Con Garage Contest Category, and 10:59 AM PT on 6/15/18 for the Best Original Invention Using Toy-Con Garage Contest Category. To enter, upload your photo or video of your Toy-Con creation or invention as detailed in the Official Rules. Nine (9) winners will each receive One (1) Nintendo Labo Variety Kit (ARV: $ $69.99 USD) or Nintendo Labo Robot Kit (ARV: $79.99 USD), one (1) Nintendo Labo Creators Jacket (ARV: $ 70.00 USD), and one (1) award certificate (ARV: $ 70.00 USD). ARV of each prize package: $209.99-$219.99 USD. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,889.91-$1,979.91 USD. Chances of winning a prize depend on eligibility and quality of entries received, and how well each meets the judging criteria. Details and restrictions apply. For Official Rules, visit https://labo.nintendo.com/share/#!/contest-rules Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.