NORTHFIELD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medline today announced the launch of a new Skin Champion Program at this year’s Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) in Charlotte, April 25-29. With more than 6.5 million people in the U.S. suffering from chronic wounds, the Medline Skin Champion Program will provide new approaches to those who battle and treat non-healing wounds across the continuum of care and provide easy-to-use education and tools for wound care clinicians and leaders.
Medline also will host a live studio news show from SAWC, featuring nearly 20 key advanced wound care and tissue regeneration opinion leaders who will provide clinical expertise and insight to the more than 2,000 physicians and nurses visiting the conference.
“Wound care has become increasingly complex with the rise in patient acuity and ongoing reimbursement challenges,” says Jonathan Primer, group president, advanced wound care, Medline. “For clinicians, this new landscape is creating greater demand for education and fueling a deeper desire to discover new ways to improve clinical practice and patient care.”
Empowering and Educating Clinicians
Located at booth 1025, Medline will unveil the new Skin Champion Program developed by certified WOC nurses and designed to provide education and tools that help train their teams to make skin health second nature. Dozens of pre-built educational modules address four common issues impacting wound care, including pressure injuries, skin care, wound etiologies and special populations.
Live, News Show Network Experience called “The Pulse” to Highlight Healthcare Experts and Trends
Medline will also host a live, news show network experience called “The Pulse” at its booth each day during SAWC Spring. More than a dozen key opinion leaders will be featured, including renowned wound care expert Dr. Gregory Schultz, Professor at University of Florida and Director of the Institute for Wound Research, and Terry Swanson, wound management Nurse Practitioner at South West Health Care in Victoria, Australia and lead author of the 2016 International Wound Infection Institute (IWII) Consensus Update.
Visit http://medlineconferences.com/sawc2018 for the complete schedule of key opinion leader interviews and product demonstrations. You can also follow Medline social media channels for the latest updates.
The company will also highlight its comprehensive portfolio of products spanning advanced wound care and tissue regeneration:
- Optifoam: Multi-layer silicone foam dressings that are specially designed to be a part of prevention or treatment protocol.
- Opticell: Unique gelling fiber wound dressings are made with proprietary chitosan-based Chytoform™ Technology and designed for optimal moisture management, conformability and strength.
- Remedy: Leading skin care brand that follows care in formulation, proven performance and complete product selection to meet clinical needs.
- Hyalomatrix: Unique, hyaluronic acid-based wound care technology helps facilitate the healing process in slow-healing and chronic wounds. It is the only skin substitute that is not derived from human or animal tissue.
- PluroGel®: The unique burn and wound dressing is 100 percent water-soluble, bio-compatible, cell-friendly and non-ionic. It aids in the creation of an optimal moist wound healing environment that helps to protect healthy tissue and soften wound debris.
Check out https://www.medline.com/pages/clinical-expertise/advanced-wound-care/ to learn more about how Medline contributes in raising the standard of care through innovation.
Medline is a global manufacturer and distributor serving the healthcare industry with medical supplies and clinical solutions that help customers achieve both clinical and financial success. Headquartered in Northfield, Ill., the company offers 550,000 medical devices and support services through more than 1,400 direct sales representatives who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care. For more information on Medline, go to www.medline.com or http://www.medline.com/social-media to connect with Medline on its social media channels.