DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "LIDAR technologies for the Automotive Industry: Technology benchmark, Challenges, Market forecasts" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report provides key elements to find out which LIDAR technology is more likely to win the race towards autonomous driving, based on technical, industrial and economical criteria. Challenges to overcome for adoption by carmakers are detailed for each technology. The report also describes LIDAR technology companies, their products and key partnership with OEMs or suppliers.
One of the major trends that will impact OEM and suppliers businesses is the emergence of new mobility schemes. New users seek more flexibility and lower cost for their trips. The car is seen as a transport service. To meet these demands, new mobility models emerge, especially pay-per-use models such as car/ride sharing, carpooling, ehailing taxi alternatives, and peer-to-peer car rentals.
The race between LIDAR technologies is on. OEMs and suppliers are making huge investments (internally and externally) in the development of LIDAR technologies for autonomous driving and a large number of new LIDAR providers targeting automotive applications are emerging.
Mechanical scanning LIDAR technology (Velodyne, Ibeo) is currently leading the race, with adoption in demonstration vehicles and transport shuttles. However, despite its high resolution, its bulkiness, high costs and lack of robustness will prevent its widespread adoption for high-volume consumer cars.
- Short-Term (2016-2022) Market Analysis And Forecast By Type Of LIDAR Technology And Wavelength Range
- Long-Term (2020-2050) Market Analysis And Forecast By Type Of LIDAR Technology And Wavelength Range
- Benchmark Of LIDAR Technologies: Mechanical Scanning, Flash LIDARs, Mirrors And Mems Scanning, Opticalphased Array LIDARs
- Presentation Of Main LIDAR Manufacturers And Their Technology
- Cepton Technologies
- Genius Pros
- Photonic Vision
- Yara Birkeland
- ZF Friedrichshafen
Key Topics Covered
2. Highlights of the report
3. Automotive, an innovative industry
4. From ADAS to autonomous driving: the role of LIDARs
5. Which LIDAR technology(ies) for autonomous driving?
6. Scenario of LIDARs adoption: target costs and market forecast
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kv735p/lidar?w=4