CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands released findings from a Business Traveler Survey, which was conducted online by The Harris Poll and consisted of more than 1,300 adults across the United States, China and India who have traveled for business in the last 12 months (international business travelers), to gain a greater understanding of how business travel can deliver both personal and professional growth on the road. The brands collaborated with entrepreneur Bill Rancic to reveal the survey findings last night in New York City, alongside the winners of the 2018 #WhySettle Spirit Awards.
The #WhySettle Spirit Awards honors hard-working individuals who never settle when it comes to work or supporting the ones they love, and this year’s categories were tailored to three distinct personas that embody the “why settle” spirit through relentless drive and ambition:
- The 24/7 MVP – business travelers who always manage to make the meeting, make dinner and make it all look easy
- The Inspiring Innovator – business travelers who have taken charge of their careers and follow their own passions to pave the way
- The Road Warrior – business travelers who have logged so many miles that even flight attendants know their name
Expanding on its “You’ve Come Too Far to Settle Now” platform, the #WhySettle Spirit Awards and Business Traveler Survey celebrate today’s modern business travelers who never settle for “good enough” in their careers and should never settle for “good enough” when it comes to their hotel stay.
“Both Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels are designed to meet the needs of business travelers and we conducted a survey to further understand the business traveler psyche and how these go-getters think, act and feel while on the road,” said Steven Dominguez, vice president of global brands, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. “From the way we design our rooms to our balanced menu and craft cocktail options that cater to hard-working professionals – we believe our travelers deserve the best and shouldn’t settle for anything less.”
During the survey launch event, Rancic and the #WhySettle Spirit Award winners shared travel tricks and tips that can help business travelers make the most of life on the road. Rancic, a frequent business traveler himself, revealed how he shares similar experiences with other travelers as found in the study.
“As a business traveler, I’m looking for seamless experiences that set me up for success while on the road,” said Rancic, “Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels are a trusted launching point and home base for road warriors like me because they are reliable, comfortable and unobtrusive, allowing guests to be as productive as possible.”
The Business Traveler Survey provided insight on the mindset of these road warriors, including what motivates them and what they learn during their travels.
- 77 percent of U.S. business travelers believe business travel has helped them to communicate more successfully with different types of people, and that percentage is even greater in China (88 percent) and India (95 percent)
- 68 percent of U.S. business travelers say business travel has inclined them to be more empathic towards others, and this number increases in China (88 percent) and India (90 percent)
- 59 percent of international business travelers identify themselves as someone who sees obstacles not as challenges but as opportunities to grow. More importantly, 92 percent of employed U.S. business travelers are motivated to advance their career and the percentage is even higher in China (96 percent) and India (96 percent)
- Among those motivated international business travelers, more are driven by creating a better life for their families (48 percent) than receiving praise or recognition at work (33 percent)
- 77 percent of U.S. business travelers believe being on the road has taught them skills they can use when facing challenges in their personal life and that number is even higher in China (88 percent) and India (90 percent)
Furthermore, the survey reveals their habits (consisting of adults in the U.S., China and India), including:
- 22 percent of business travelers think wearing pajamas on conference calls is a major benefit of taking business trips that require hotel stays.
- 27 percent of business travelers admit they binge watch shows that they haven’t been able to watch at home while traveling
- 26 percent of international business travelers indulge by having a stiff drink at the bar while traveling
For more information, please visit hyatt.com/whysettle.
About Hyatt Place
Hyatt Place, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, combines style, innovation and 24/7 convenience to create a seamless stay with modern comforts. There are more than 300 Hyatt Place locations in Australia, Armenia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Honduras, India, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Thailand, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States. For more information, please visit hyattplace.com. Join the conversation on Facebook and Instagram, and tag photos with #HyattPlace and #WhySettle.
About Hyatt House
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 85 locations throughout the United States, China, Germany, Mexico, Turkey, and Puerto Rico. Inspired by extensive research into guest experiences, Hyatt House hotels offer services, amenities, upscale spaces and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home. For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com. Join the conversation on Facebook, and tag photos with #HyattHouse and #WhySettle.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 13 premier brands. As of September 30, 2017, the Company's portfolio included 739 properties in 57 countries. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to create value for shareholders, build relationships with guests and attract the best colleagues in the industry. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences and vacation ownership properties, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt™, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™ and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names and have locations on six continents. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
About The Business Traveler Survey
The Business Traveler Survey was conducted online by The Harris Poll, on behalf of Hyatt Place and Hyatt House, among adults over the age of 18 who had embarked on at least one business trip within the past 12 months in the U.S. (n=290), China (n=423) and India (n=677). The U.S. survey was conducted from December 15-19, 2017; and the surveys for India and China were conducted between February 9-13, 2018.
These online surveys are not based on a probability sample, and therefore, no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodologies, including weighting variables and subgroup sample sizes, please contact Siân Rylander at email@example.com.