DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "U.S. Pea Protein Market 2018-2023 - Size, Trends, Competitive Analysis and Forecasts" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
U.S. accounts for major market share in North America Pea protein market. The market value is estimated at $8.3 million in 2018 and is forecasted to grow at the CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period.
In recent years, health awareness has increased in U.S. The country has recorded the highest number of obese and overweight people in the world. Increasing concern and rising awareness about the weight and body health, has made Americans make a switch to nutritious diets.
The country has seen an upsurge in number of vegan, vegetarian and meat replacers due to environmental and ethical concern of practices adopted in industrial animal production in combination with the health issues caused by meat consumption. With growing vegan population, the demand for plant-based protein such as soy and pea protein are ever increasing.
The demand for pea protein also comes strongly from dietary supplements industry. Though the taste and texture of the products made up of pea protein is a bit concern, research has been actively taking place to improve the taste and to explore various flavors in order to meet the preferences of the consumers.
The major pea producers in the U.S. includes Puri Foods and Axiom Food Inc. These companies are focusing on launching wide range of pea proteins products across various industries such as food, beverage and dietary supplement to cosmetic industries. The pea protein industry is in growth stage in the U.S.
- Growing demand of plant based protein from vegan/vegetarian population
- Rising Health consciousness especially in developing countries
- Increasing demand for lactose-free, gluten free protein products
- High cost of production
- Growing threat from substitute products
- Low awareness about the pea protein based products
- Growing applications in sports nutrition & weight management
- Rising demand for plant based protein in food and beverage industry
Key Topics Covered:
3. Industry Dynamics
4. Market Size and Forecast
5. Competitive Analysis
6. Company Profiles
- Burcon Nutrascience Corporation
- Shandong Jianyuan Group
- The Scoular Company
- Axiom Foods
- Farbest Brands
- Fenchem Inc
- Roquette Frerers
- Sotexpro S.A.
- Yantai Oriental Protein Tech Co., Ltd
- Cosucra Groupe Warcoing S.A.
- Hill Pharma Inc
- Ingredion Inc
- Kerry Inc
- Prinova Group LLC
- Puris, LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zd6k6f/united_states_pea?w=4