DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "PCR
Markets for Life Sciences Applications (Market by Type - qPCR, dPCR -
Application - Pharmaceutical, General Research, and by Country and
Region)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
Including instruments, reagents, other consumables and software and
services related to instruments, the market exceeds $2 billion dollars.
This market is smaller than the clinical / diagnostics applications, but
life science applications of PCR form an important basis for sales.
The life science market for PCR grew steadily for over two decades,
although this growth is leveling off now. This is a large, diverse
market that is now facing competition from next generation sequencing
for a number of applications.
PCR technology has been widely licensed to other companies for both life science (for the purposes of this report, the research market equals the life science market) and diagnostic applications, and many companies are now active in these fields. Real-time PCR (qPCR) has become the most widely used DNA amplification method today.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing Overview
- Scope and Methodology
- Market Overview
- Table Life Science PCR Market, Instruments versus Consumables, Worldwide, 2016 and 2021 (in millions USD)
- Future Prospects in the PCR Market
- Development and Evolution of Polymerase Chain Reaction and Other Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests
- Development and Evolution of PCR
- Other Nucleic Acid Amplification Test Methods
- Advances in Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology and Emerging Applications
3. Technology Trends and Innovation
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) - Overview
- PCR, RT-PCR, and qPCR
- Digital PCR
- Multiplex PCR
- Other Modifications of PCR
- Other Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (PCR) Methods
- Platforms Used in Different PCR Markets - Research, Clinical Laboratories, and Point-of-Care Testing
- New Applications of PCR - Combining PCR with Other Technologies
- PCR as Part of Sample Prep before DNA Sequencing
4. Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests in Research
- Research Applications of Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Non-Clinical Applications of Polymerase Chain Reaction
5. Deals - Polymerase Chain Reaction/Nucleic Acid Amplification Test
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Agreements and Collaborations (Not Including Pharmaceutical Companies)
- Collaborations and Other Agreements with Universities, Non-Profit Research Institutes and Government
6. Market Drivers and Challenges - Nucleic Acid Amplification Test Market
- Issues and Hurdles Faced by PCR Companies Selling to the Life Science (Research) Market
- Competition from Companies Utilizing PCR and Other PCR Technologies
- Competition and Market Opportunities Driven by Other (non-PCR) Technologies
- Future Prospects
7. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Nucleic Acid Amplification Test
(PCR) Market Analysis
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test Market Overview
- Life Science PCR Market
- Past and Future Growth of Overall Life Science PCR Market
- Life Science PCR Market - Instruments versus Consumables
- Life Science PCR Market - By Geographical Distribution
- Life Science PCR Market by Type of PCR
- Life Science PCR Market by Application
- General Medical/Disease Research
- Pharmaceutical Research
8. Company Profiles
- Agena Bioscience, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- AutoGenomics, Inc.
- BJS Biotehchnologies
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- BioGenex Laboratories, Inc.
- Bioneer Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Cole-Parmer (formerly Bibby Scientific)
- Denville Scientific, Inc.
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc.
- Eppendorf AG
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- LGC Douglas Scientific
- Lucigen Corporation
- Luminex Corporation
- Promega Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Takara Bio, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2qhv3s/global_pcr?w=4