WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SPROCKIT, the global marketplace that curates, connects and fosters collaboration between top market-ready startups and media, entertainment and technology companies to drive innovation, announced today the final round of startups selected to participate at the 2018 NAB Show, April 9-12 in Las Vegas.
Participants are vetted and selected based on their potential to offer real solutions to challenges in today’s evolving market that many established media and entertainment companies face. The startups will be featured in the SPROCKIT Hub in the Innovation Pipeline, located in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Additionally, the participating startups will have the opportunity to connect with SPROCKIT corporate members, including FOX Networks Group, Google, Hearst Television, Samsung NEXT, TEGNA, Univision and Verizon Digital Media Services at SPROCKIT Sync meetings throughout the year.
“The SPROCKIT community continues to strengthen as we add more industry game-changers,” said Harry Glazer, founder and CEO, SPROCKIT. “In the last five years, SPROCKIT companies have completed hundreds of partnership, funding and acquisition deals, and raised hundreds of millions of dollars to inject the media and entertainment industries with innovative solutions. Congrats to the 2018 class!”
The final round of startups includes:
- Barometric offers unified measurement with a single pixel solution
- Connekt advances television advertising with AI-driven technology
- Overcast HQ provides management solutions with augmented intelligence that streamline how companies review, approve and collaborate on video
- Promethean.TV allows broadcasters to serve intelligent commerce and engagement opportunities to viewers in real time
- Stainless Code generates live metadata for media automation and next-generation experiences through breakthrough AI
- Streann is a proprietary software as a service platform that is reinventing content distribution, engagement and monetization with patent pending digital advertising technology
- Tellyo allows rights holders to easily create and share unique stories from live content
- Teltoo increases the quality of livestreams and optimizes delivery costs using software-only, decentralized video delivery technology
- Wicket Labs delivers actionable insights to media companies with shifting audiences in the evolving television marketplace
View the other participating startups here.
Startups interested in participating in the SPROCKIT program are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or visit the SPROCKIT Hub. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with accepted startups invited to participate in future SPROCKIT Sync meetings at corporate member offices as well as SPROCKIT Hubs at other key industry events.
SPROCKIT is a global marketplace that curates, connects and fosters collaboration among leading media, entertainment and technology companies and world’s top market-ready startups to bring innovative products, services and revenue models to market. Since its launch in 2013, more than 125 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, experiencing numerous successful funding rounds, partnerships and acquisitions. The 2017 cohort raised more than $237 million in funding, including more than $100 million after joining SPROCKIT. For more information, visit www.sprockitglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 7-12, 2018 in Las Vegas, is the world's largest convention encompassing The M.E.T. Effect, the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With 103,000 attendees from 161 countries and 1,800+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.