DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market by Application (Roofing, Building Structures, Wall & Flooring & Others), by Raw Material (Polymers, Bitumen and Acrylic Based Cementitious) - Outlook to 2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Malaysia is positioned for growth as a waterproofing market in the ASEAN region. The market for waterproofing membrane products has grown at a CAGR of 2% during the period 2011-2016. There are a number of growth factors including government initiatives, growth in construction activities, emergence of new manufacturing companies in Malaysia and technological advancement amongst others. Owing to easy availability of raw material and growth in number of major infrastructure projects, Malaysia became a profitable market for waterproofing industries. Many companies entered the market with not only hope of catering to domestic demand and as well as make Malaysia as their export hub, so as to cater the other region of ASEAN regions. Foreign companies hold the major share and have improved their product and service portfolio through improvement in product technology, distribution network, and product awareness.
Market Segmentation by Liquid and Sheet Membrane: In terms of sales, liquid applied membranes dominated the waterproofing membrane market. The higher adoption of the same was attributed to several beneficial attributes of liquid applied waterproofing membrane products, including product durability, easy of application amongst other properties, over sheet membrane products.
Market Segmentation by Low and High End Liquid Membrane: Demand for High End Liquid Membrane comes from large infrastructure or commercial construction sector as the product is expensive compared to low end coating but has higher lifetime period and reduces the need for frequent inspection and replacement need and Low end coating gained importance in the market due to its dual advantage, it was cheap and as well as had the advantage of liquid coating
Market Segmentation by Raw Material: Polymers were the preferred raw material used for developing membrane waterproofing products in Malaysia as of 2016. Of all polymers, Polyurethanes and Acrylic has the major share in this segment. Bitumen and acrylic based cementitious were other commonly used raw materials used in manufacturing waterproofing membrane products.
The Malaysian waterproofing membrane market is currently in a developing stage and is quite concentrated with top 10 players comprising for a major bulk of the revenue as of 2016. Sika was the leading player in this sector largely owing large number of distributors and wide scale penetration in the retail market. Sika was followed by Pentens and Estop. BASF is another prominent player which focused on developing high-end liquid membranes in the market. Apart from the aforementioned players, several other domestic and international players fiercely battled each other in this space. Sensing the market potential, several large established companies are planning to venture into this space in coming years.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
3. Comparative Analysis of Global Waterproofing Membrane Market and APAC Waterproofing Membrane Market
4. Overview and Genesis of Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market
5. Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market Size By Revenues, 2011-2016
6. Value Chain Analysis of Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market
7. Malaysian Waterproofing Membrane Market Segmentation, 2011-2016
8. Comparison of Different Waterproofing Membrane Products
9. Comparison of Properties of Different Coatings
10. Replacement Demand Cycle and Warranty of Waterproofing Membrane Products
11. General Guidelines Followed For Waterproofing Structures In Malaysia
12. Working Model in Malaysian Waterproofing Membrane Market (Retail and Commercial)
13. Decision Making Process Before Purchasing Waterproofing Membrane
14. Porter's Five Forces Analysis for Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market
15. PESTLE Analysis of Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market
16. Trends and Developments of Malaysian Waterproofing Membrane Market
17. Distributors List for Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market
18. Competitive Scenario in the Malaysian Waterproofing Membrane Market
19. Competitive Analysis of Distribution Channel in Malaysian Waterproofing Membrane Market
20. Best Selling Products of Market Players in Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market
21. Major Upcoming Projects in Malaysia (Infrastructure, Hospitality, PPP, Real Estate)
22. Malaysian Government Budget Highlights, Infrastructure and Real Estate, 2017
23. Malaysia Waterproofing Membrane Market Future Outlook and Projections, 2017-2021
24. Future Trends and Growth Drivers
25. Macro Economic Factors Affecting Malaysia Waterproofing Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c66szr/malaysia?w=4