DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Lithium Ion Battery Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2017 to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global lithium ion battery market was valued at US$ 26.4 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.5% during the forecast period from 2017 to 2025.
Lithium ion batteries have witnessed immense demand especially on account of its adoption in numerous consumer electronics such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, digital cameras and MP3 players, among others. In terms of end-use application, the consumer electronics segment held the largest share globally in terms of revenue.
The global lithium ion battery market is fairly consolidated with few leading manufacturers of lithium ion battery catering to the demand from existing end-users. However, there has been a rise in niche players which have been working towards design and development of new lithium based batteries to cater to innovative applications.
- Research and development activities towards designing new anodes to enhance battery performance
- Rising investments towards production of large scale batteries for applications in automotive, energy and utilities
- Continued development of lithium ion batteries with higher energy capacity and compact size
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem
- Sony Energy Devices Corporation
- Maxwell Technologies Inc.
- Shenzhen BAK Battery Co. Ltd.
- Tianjin Lishen Battery Co. Ltd.
- BYD Company Limited
- Amperex Technology Limited
- Tesla Inc.
- Valence Technology Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9hm764/20172025_global?w=4