SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AppDynamics, a Cisco company and the leader in application intelligence, today announced it has been named a leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites for the sixth year in a row. In addition to being identified as a leader, the company also placed the highest among 15 vendors on the ability to execute axis. From our perspective, this recognition emphasizes AppDynamics’ deep understanding of what companies need to be successful as they reshape their businesses to meet consumer expectations for sophisticated, always-on services. We also feel that it reflects Cisco’s support in accelerating AppDynamics’ time to market and ability to address the market on a global scale.
“Transformation waits for no one. All businesses are a part of a hyper-competitive, global race to deliver the fastest possible service, best experiences and most value to consumers. The bar for excellence rapidly rises with every new software iteration,” said Bhaskar Sunkara, CTO, AppDynamics. “To win, modern businesses need the freedom to scale and evolve without constraints from application complexities and with the intelligence to back game-time decisions. AppDynamics is designed to deliver performances that exceed expectations in a digital-first world and free businesses to think bigger about what they can accomplish through technology.”
Businesses continue to face growing pains as they attempt to keep pace with consumers’ appetites for instant gratification at every touchpoint. What’s more, the proliferation of devices and distributed technologies have brought more unknowns to what’s actually driving business success and what’s causing damage to consumer relationships. Meeting customer expectations in this unknown frontier is forcing enterprises to reexamine how they deliver innovation.
"Hundreds of thousands of physicians and hospitals depend on Allscripts’ leading healthcare IT solutions for quick, easy connectivity to vital clinical, financial and operational information. The livelihood of their patients depend on us providing perfect performance across all of our services every second of every day,” Jeff Brady, Senior Program Manager, Allscripts. “With the help of AppDynamics, we have the ability to deliver these services and innovations with complete transparency into how our applications are performing and any potential issues that may impact our customers.”
AppDynamics’ banner year of innovations were dedicated to helping customers like Allscripts achieve more clarity, confidence and agility to solve these challenges and invigorate their edge in the industry. These include:
- Next Generation of Business iQ: Simplifies Complex Business Problems to Power Data-driven Decisions – Given the inseparability between application success and business success, AppDynamics unleashed major innovations to Business iQ with a focus on creating a single visual of customer experiences the way they actually unfold across any device. With a correlated view of business and technology performance, companies can shape their digital experiences to match the real-time needs and expectations of their customers.
- Perspica Technologies: Machine Learning Speeds Up Transformation of Data into Real-time Insights – The trillions of metrics across human-to-machine and machine-to-machine interactions have accelerated in volume and variety over the past year. To tackle the humanly impossible task of drawing insights from this data, AppDynamics will accelerate its machine learning capabilities with onboarding of Perspica’s team and technology that hold the domain-expertise needed to quickly turn data into business-aware insights.
- IoT & Network Monitoring: Provides Full Visibility from End-User Interactions on Connected Devices to Microservices Performance Across Multiple Clouds – As connected devices continue to spread and new applications use next generation architectures (e.g. microservices, containers and multi-cloud), the ability to glean insights into these dispersed environments is paramount to achieving exceptional experiences. With this in mind, AppDynamics launched full IoT and network visibility capabilities that map and correlate metrics that illuminate the entire user journey and network layer.
- Developer Toolkit: Improves App Team Collaboration with Development Lifecycle Transparency – With modern consumers setting the agenda for the way businesses evolve, continuous quality and performance have become directly responsible for brand loyalty and company success. To empower the teams at the heart of ensuring unbroken, flawless experiences, AppDynamics launched a suite of tools for unmatched visibility in the development lifecycle and flexibility required for DevOps environments.
- Download your complimentary copy of the full Gartner Magic Quadrant report
- Learn more about United’s AppDynamics Use Case
- Learn more about App iQ Platform
Connect with AppDynamics
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. AppDynamics’ integrated suite of applications is built on its innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables its customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing and optimizing complex application environments at scale.