IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PrescribeWellness, the cloud-based services company that inspires collaboration for better health, today announced that it has expanded its relationship with American Pharmacy Cooperative Group, Inc. (APCI), a member-owned group purchasing organization established in 1984 to protect and promote the interests of independent pharmacy.
APCI was the first group purchasing organization to offer members the PrescribeWellness dashboard for enhanced services. Now CHOICE members of APCI’s American Pharmacy Network Solutions will have an expanded suite of tools to extend the patient-pharmacist relationship at a time when a critical transition is occurring to advance pharmacy practice.
“APCI recognizes the necessity of transitioning to a patient-centric model in which the pharmacist is treating the whole patient instead of just filling prescriptions,” said Al Babbington, CEO of PrescribeWellness. “Every patient interaction is an opportunity to provide important preventive care services, and PrescribeWellness’ technology solution is a proven driver of quality outcomes. We are thrilled to be able to provide pharmacists with the technology they need to go ‘beyond the fill’ to serve their communities every day.”
Added Susan Maze, APCI Chief Operating Officer: "Our expanded partnership with PrescribeWellness allows us to provide CHOICE members with the tools they need to establish a value-based payment program as compensation for improving medication outcomes and serving their patients and to collaborate with other stakeholders to assume a larger role in their patients’ healthcare team. The platform will also give us the insights we need to work with our members to achieve excellent ratings and report our success as a performance network.”
The clinical offerings in the expanded PRO Wellness dashboard include:
- VaccineComplete: A population health solution supporting identification and reporting of vaccinations for patients. Pharmacies can proactively invite eligible patients to receive missing vaccinations with a pre-recorded message and average $23 in revenue per vaccination.
- PrescribeMedicare: A plan finder for Medicare-eligible patients comparing quality, out-of-pocket-costs and other variable data points. PrescribeMedicare automatically uploads the patient’s current prescriptions and walks them through a plan review for Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage plans.
- StarWellness: An innovative medication synchronization solution integrated with dispensing systems to assist patients in synchronizing their medications. Over 80 percent of nonadherent patients become adherent within 90 days of enrollment in StarWellness.
- PrescribeCare: A tool that allows pharmacists to document enhanced services, produce care plans, and exchange clinical information with the healthcare team through the use of electronic care plan templates to consistently capture patient interventions and build narrative progress notes.
- PRO Analytics: A financial dashboard of key performance indicators like sales gross margin, payer information, accounts receivable, and inventory management.
American Pharmacy Cooperative, Inc. (APCI) is a member-owned group purchasing organization, established in 1984 to protect and promote the interest of independent pharmacies. APCI enables member pharmacies to improve their positions in a competitive marketplace with an extensive offering of exceptional services and comprehensive programs. An elected board of directors, who are themselves pharmacy owners and active members of APCI, use their experience, industry knowledge and vital member input to chart the course of APCI’s continued future growth.
PrescribeWellness inspires collaboration for better health across America by connecting patients to locally owned community pharmacies. Its proprietary cloud-based platform empowers pharmacists to provide more effective preventive healthcare services, which improve medication adherence, chronic disease management, transitions in care, and population health. With data integration and behavioral science at the foundation, PrescribeWellness software solutions position the pharmacist at the center of community healthcare prevention. Inc. 5000 named PrescribeWellness one of America’s Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies for the past two years. For more information, please visit www.prescribewellness.com.