DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "U.S. Whey Protein Market 2018 Analysis & Forecasts 2014-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
U.S. Whey protein market accounts for around 22% of the global market. The U.S. whey protein market is in a matured growth stage and the market is expected to maintain a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period.
Growing demand of pure protein i.e. Hydrolyzed whey protein and whey protein concentrate, increasing awareness about health concerns among overweight population, exploring different application of whey among other industries and increasing use of whey protein in sports industry due to its proven benefits are some of the factors responsible for growing consumption of whey protein industry in the country.
Rising awareness about the ethical and environment issues pertaining to animal farming has resulted in decreasing consumption of animal protein. This along with rising trend of Vegan and vegetarian diets in recent years has led to increased consumption of diet containing whey protein along with other alternative protein such as soy protein, and pea protein. Even considering the market growth of alternative proteins of whey, the growth of whey protein market has witnessed significant gain in last few years.
Emphasis on health benefits of whey protein is one of the major driving factor of whey protein consumption in the U.S. Increasing demand of whey protein based supplements among sports athletes and body builder has captured huge market of whey protein in dietary supplement industry. The manufacturers are focused on tapping the high demand for protein products from sports industry and establish whey protein as major ingredient in all products.
The dietary supplements and food industry contributes the most of whey protein consumption. Dietary supplement account for about 40% of total whey protein market in U.S. Alcoholic beverages and clinical nutrients industry are opportunity segments of the market. Major players in this industry are focusing on developing countries in Asia and South America for business expansion.
- Market trends since 2014 and five year forecasts of market growth
- Detailed analysis of the micro and macro elements influencing demand trends
- Identifying opportunity spaces across segments and countries
- Supply & demand side trend and analysis
- Price trend analysis, investment prospects and competition pattern
- Insights on growth potential of the market
- Detailed analysis of major producers covering financial investments & strategies adopted
- Competitive landscape of the industry
- Increasing Awareness About Health Benefits of Supplement Diets
- Growing Use of Whey Proteins in Functional Food and Beverages Industry
- Increasing Demand for Dairy Alternatives / Ingredients and Proteins
- High Cost of Ingredients and Production
- Growing Vegan Population & Alternatives to Whey Protein
- Health & Safety Concerns and Undefined Regulations
- Growing Dietary Supplement Prescription
- Surging Demand of High Quality Protein in Food Industry
Key Topics Covered
3. Industry Dynamics
4. Market Size and Forecast
5. Competitive Analysis
6. Company Profiles
- Agropur MSI, LLC
- Arla Foods
- Carbery Group
- Champignon-Hofmeister Group
- DMK Group
- Fonterra Co-operative Group
- FrieslandCampina Ingredients
- Glanbia Plc
- Hilmar Cheese Company Inc
- Lactalis Ingredients
- Land O'Lakes Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vdddvk/u_s_whey_protein?w=4