NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On Thursday, March 8th, Star Mountain Capital, a specialized asset manager focused on investing in the largest segment of established businesses in the U.S. economy, together with HighTower Advisors convened private small and medium-sized business owners in Midtown Manhattan for a complimentary educational event that explored how to grow a business and maximize value through strategic acquisition and organic growth.
Attendees heard from successful M&A experts and business owners including:
- Former Managing Partner and Global Co-Head of Citi Private Equity (CPE)
- Former Managing Director in investment banking at Salomon Smith Barney, advising numerous companies on growth through acquisitions
- Senior Advisor at Star Mountain Capital, helping add value to its portfolio companies and the firm’s investment decisions
- Founder of Orion Global Solutions, an NYC-based systems and cloud advisory firm
- Founder & CEO of Infinity Info Systems, one of the largest U.S. CRM and Business Intelligence consulting practices; accelerated growth via 4 acquisitions to 95 employees
- Technology Advisor at Star Mountain Capital, helping with technology analysis and integration of portfolio companies
- CEO of Galfab, LLC., a premier designer and manufacturer of waste equipment and a leading brand in the industry with 150+ employees
- Expert in helping address the large and growing challenges of waste management
- Prior leadership roles in operations, sales and marketing at Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM, ~$37bn market cap)
“What a great evening of discussion around Growth Through Acquisition strategies. It is always a pleasure working with like-minded, client-centric professionals like the Star Mountain Capital Team. At HighTower- TC Wealth Management we are proud to share a collaborative culture and my colleague Sarah Djamshidi and I are thrilled to have partnered with Star Mountain for this fantastic event,” said Michael Cantore, Managing Director, HighTower – TC Wealth Management.
Owned by Thomas H. Lee Partners, HighTower Advisors manages over $30 billion of capital. Star Mountain credit income products are approved on HighTower’s rigorous underwriting platform and many HighTower clients are investors in Star Mountain’s credit income funds.
“It was very inspiring to hear how Star Mountain Capital and other business owners are building success through culture and strategic acquisitions. My mission has been to create an environment where people can grow, realize their potential and work as a team towards a common goal,” said Yacov Wrocherinsky, President & CEO, Orion Global Solutions.
“Star Mountain specializes in bringing proven, large market resources and expertise to established, smaller businesses, which has been both highly productive for job creation and economic development, as well as creating compelling absolute and risk-adjusted returns for investors. This has helped Star Mountain attract some of the world’s most sophisticated global high net worth and institutional investors,” said Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO, Star Mountain Capital. “Star Mountain is dedicated to this large market of underserved businesses with its specialized business model built to address the challenges and opportunities of these businesses. As part of its commitment, Star Mountain has trademarked Investing in the Growth Engine of America®.”
Star Mountain has a specialized investment platform with approximately 200 portfolio companies across the country, engaging with 50,000+ business owners in a frequent and thoughtful manner, hosting regular events in the U.S.
ABOUT STAR MOUNTAIN
Investing in the Growth Engine of America® – Star Mountain Capital is a specialized asset management firm focused on investing in the large and underserved U.S. lower middle-market of companies with typically between $10 million and $150 million of annual revenues. Star Mountain’s distinctive business includes a custom-built media and technology platform bringing proven, large market resources to smaller businesses as a value-added lender and investment partner.
As part of its ESG, Star Mountain’s Charitable Foundation, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 focuses on improving lives through economic development, including job creation, health & wellness and cancer research. Notable missions include helping match veterans and women with high quality small and medium-sized business career opportunities across the country, including within Star Mountain’s portfolio which in aggregate represents over 200 companies.
Star Mountain was named one of the 2017 Best Places to Work by Crain's New York Business.