Tobacco market global briefing report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
The global tobacco market was estimated to be around $560 billion as of 2017. The global tobacco made up around 10% of the overall food and beverages market in 2017. The tobacco market was the fourth largest market in the global food and beverages market in 2017.
Cigarette manufacturers are offering innovative cigarettes such as smokeless cigarettes as an alternative to conventional cigarettes. In 2016, Philip Morris International, the world's largest cigarette and tobacco company, launched iQOS smokeless cigarettes, which produce 90-95% less harmful chemicals than traditional cigarettes. British American Tobacco (BAT) has invested $1 billion in last 5 years for the development of smoke-free cigarettes.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the tobacco market revenues, covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
- Market segmentations break down the key sub sectors which make up the market. The regional breakdowns section gives the size of the market geographically.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in the last three years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the tobacco market and suggests approaches.
- Markets Covered: Cigarettes, Cigars and Cigarillos, Smoking Tobacco.
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Philip Morris International Inc.
- Imperial Tobacco
- Altria Group Inc
- British American Tobacco
- Japan Tobacco Inc
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
- Gudang Garam
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7wgjpv/global_tobacco?w=4