The U.S. weight loss market is now worth a record $66 billion, but the number of dieters has fallen, due to the growth of the size acceptance and body positivity movement.
Do-it-yourself plans still abound as consumers use free diet & fitness apps. Consumers are shunning processed foods and artificial ingredients, but frozen food makers have adjusted and sales are showing signs of growth. Commercial diet chains are posting strong growth. Many untapped niches still exist. The Affordable Care Act has strengthened the value proposition of medically supervised diet programs and small-mid-sized franchises are growing. The market is moving in two directions: medical and retail.
- Dollar value & growth rates of the 10 major weight loss market segments (early 1980s to 2016, 2017 and 2022 forecasts)
- Latest market trends and developments
Status reports for:
- Diet soft drinks
- Artificial sweeteners
- Health clubs
- Commercial diet center chains
- Multi-level marketing diet plans
- OTC meal replacements and diet pills
- Diet websites & apps
- Meal kits/prepared food delivery services
- Medical programs (weight loss surgery, MDs, hospitals/clinic programs, Rx diet drugs, bariatricians, VLCD programs)
- Low-cal entrees and low-carb foods
- Diet books
- Exercise DVDs
New for this edition:
- 2017 & 2022 Forecasts. Completely updated competitor profiles, newly popular diets.
- How the 2017 diet season is shaping up. 2016 market performance.
- Chapter about competing meal kits/prepared food delivery services.
- The implosion and recovery of Weight Watchers. The Oprah effect. Lessons learned.
- Why MLM has gained as a distribution model; why meal replacements are booming, but not OTC diet pills.
- The real impact of free/low-cost diet and fitness apps.
- Outlook for medical programs in view of Obamacare and Trump Administration.
Status of prescription obesity drugs market, sales of Belviq, Qsymia,
Also included: Top 30 competitors ranking, 28-year revenues of the market through past recessions, comprehensive dieter demographics, weight loss center franchising, and extensive national/state commercial centers' operating ratios. Rankings & revenues of top commercial chains, brand sales, and a Reference Directory.
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Atkins Nutritionals
- Centers for Medical Weight Loss
- Dr. G's
- Ideal Protein
- Jenny Craig
- JumptStart MD
- LA Fitness
- Lindora Clinics
- Metabolic Research
- Physicians Weight Loss
- Smart For Life
- Weight Watchers
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dqbdt7/the_u_s_weight?w=4