NAPERVILLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Coriant, a leading supplier of packet optical, IP, and SDN solutions to Tier 1 global service providers and web-scale Internet operators, today announced the formation of its first Executive Advisory Board. The Board will provide counsel to Coriant’s leadership team to help expand the company’s strategic customer relationships, explore new opportunities for growth and broaden partners for its Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program. Coriant’s initial Executive Advisory Board members include distinguished networking and technology industry executives: Shanker Baheria, Rick Hubbard, Daniele Ruvinetti, Sam Saba and Alex Shalaby.
"The establishment of this Executive Advisory Board is part of Coriant’s strategy to help us advance the company further as a best-in-class provider of customer-centric networking solutions optimized for key trends, including 5G, IoT, AI and the Industrial internet,” said Coriant CEO and Chairman Shaygan Kheradpir. “We are honored to welcome trusted experts with unparalleled experience and insight to our newly formed Executive Advisory Board. We look forward to working with these outstanding individuals who are proven leaders with exceptional track records and business acumen in building and supporting telecommunications companies.”
Coriant’s initial Executive Advisory Board appointees include:
- Shanker Baheria, Former Business Finance Head of OpCo, the telecom operations business unit of Aircel Ltd. He brings a diverse background in finance, business planning, project management and operations and has played a key role in the rollout of various networks. Baheria previously served as CFO of Videocon Telecommunications, and CFO of Gujarat, Rojasthaa & Kolkata. With more than 15 years of senior management experience within the mobile industry, he also has held positions with operators such as Hutch (now Vodafone) and Videocon Telecom and served as director and CFO of Ingram Micro’s India operations.
- Rick Hubbard, Former Senior Vice President of Business Product Management, AT&T. Hubbard brings deep expertise in diverse business solutions and networking technologies. He was responsible for the P&L and strategic roadmaps for MPLS, Ethernet, SD-WAN, VoIP, unified communications, internet, and mobility services for AT&T’s business customers. He also has broad experience in business services across sales, sales management, business planning, distribution strategy and sales operations, as well as consumer markets, having led the field marketing and AT&T Connected Communities organizations during the launch of AT&T U-verse services.
- Daniele Ruvinetti, Shareholder and Vice President, Vuetel Italia. With extensive telecom consulting experience working with large IT organizations, he previously served as a senior advisor to the Presidential Council of the Lybian National Accord. Ruvinetti also served as a vice president of the BULL Group in Europe and Latin America, as well as CEO of CMG Italy and CEO of Autodesk Italy. He has also held numerous telecom marketing and business development positions with Telecom Italia.
- Sam Saba, Former Senior Advisor, Ericsson South East Asia, Oceania & India. He brings extensive global telecom sales and operations experience. Saba previously was president of Ericsson South East Asia & Oceania based in Singapore. He also served as president and director of Ericsson Indonesia and CEO of Ericsson Australia & New Zealand. From 2004 to 2007, Saba was vice president of sales & services for Ericsson Region Middle East based in Dubai.
- Iskandar (Alex) Shalaby, Former Chairman and CEO, Mobinil (now Orange Egypt). Shalaby was previously the director for public affairs for AT&T in Washington, D.C. In addition to serving as AT&T’s liaison to lawmakers on Capitol Hill and lobbying the executive branch of the U.S. government, he established the first presence for AT&T in a number of countries throughout the Middle East and Africa. Shalaby’s previous executive leadership roles include serving as executive vice president of Orascom Telecom Media and Technology (OTMT) S.A.E., a holding company with interests in management and the operation of mobile networks and telecom infrastructure. He continues to serve on the board of OTMT, where he helps guide the company’s Middle East expansion.
Coriant delivers innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant SDN/NFV-enabled portfolio of open, disruptive, and hyperscale solutions and Multi-Sided Platform innovations helps network operators cost-efficiently scale network capacity, reduce operational complexity, and create the resilient foundation for a new generation of mobile, video, and cloud services. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including mobile and fixed line service providers, cloud and data center operators, Web 2.0 content providers, cable MSOs, government agencies, and large enterprises. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the service value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest news and information.
Editor’s Note: Headshots available upon request.