DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "35 Key Metrics for Medical Affairs and Medical Science Liaison Professionals" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This study presents a collection of 35 key metrics and benchmarks graphics and charts extracted from our entire medical affairs and thought leader engagement research.
The Medical Affairs function is taking an ever increasing role with life sciences. Both medical scientific field team members (MSLs) and thought leaders are critical to the life science environment and to ensure pharmaceutical organizations inform physicians and patients about products' scientific uses, outcomes and benefits.
Because of reporting regulations implemented in the last decade, medical affairs executives and medical field teams must now recruit and establish working relationships from a shrinking thought leader pool. This reality requires that medical affairs professionals make the best out of each thought leader relationship they develop.
References to the sources of these graphics are presented at the end of the document.
Key Topics Covered:
- Staffing Levels of MSL Teams throughout Product Lifecycle
- Degree of Outsourcing of MSL Field Operations
- Team Size Changes in Last 12 Months
- Expectation of Future Changes in Team Size
- Typical Profile of MSL Activities: Pre-Launch
- Typical Profile of MSL Activities: Post-Launch
- Key Metric: Ratio of Thought Leaders per MSL
- Key MSL KOL Relationships Metrics (from MSL input)
- Current Composition of MSL Educational Level
- Low, Average and Top Salaries by Management Level
- Average MSL Base Yearly Salary by Therapeutic Area
- Average Medical Affairs Budget Spend Breakout
- Functions Involved in On-Boarding Training
- Content of On-Boarding Training by Percentage of Programs
- Key Metrics on Hours of On-Boarding Training
- Total Hours of Continuous Training Programs by Group
- Training Needs in Relation to Product Lifecycle
- Frequency of MSL Performance Reviews
- Preferred Flow Patterns of MSLs' Performance Evaluations
- Consensus Model - MSL Performance Evaluations
- Strategic Approach to KOL Engagement
- Ranking Factors Influencing KOL Relationships
- Timeline of Initial Thought Leader Engagement
- Targeted Thought Leader Categories
- Most Targeted Thought Leader Categories
- Categories of Thought Leaders Targeted by Phase
- Access to Thought Leaders: Degree of Difficulty
- Use of Thought Leader Levels of Influence by Phase
- Percentage of Thought Leader Activities by Phase
- KOLs' Preferred Modes of Interactions
- KOLs' Preferred Frequency of Interactions
- Degree of Importance for Meeting with MSLs
- What KOLs Look for in MSL Behavior
- KOLs' Preferred Abilities of MSLs
- KOL-MSL Length of Meetings (from KOL input)
- KOL Feedback: Assessment of MSL Relationships
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/85zngf/35_key_metrics?w=4
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.