DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Blu-ray Media and Players Market, Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
While physical discs remain a key revenue generator in the home entertainment business, the growing revenue from digital services and the rise of download and over-the-top (OTT) streaming services such as iTunes and Netflix have negatively impacted physical disc sales in the last 4-5 years. Therefore, an overall gradual decline in disc sales through the forecast period is expected.
Unit shipments for the global Blu-ray players market are expected to decrease from 72.1 million in 2017 to 68.0 million in 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.0%. Unit shipments for the global Blu-ray media market are expected to decrease from 595.0 million in 2017 to 516.0 million in 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -2.3%.
The rapid growth in subscribers of OTT services, and on-demand 4K and 1080p content streamed directly from the cloud, has led to the rapid rise of services like Netflix, Amazon, HBO, and Hulu. Simultaneously, the intense bandwidth requirements of 4K content formats are unable to replicate the smooth and seamless playback of 4K UHD titles.
Therefore, physical Blu-ray discs are still considered one of the best options for enjoying HD content that also supports HDR and Dolby surround sound. The majority of consumers, especially in the developed markets, are increasingly turning to UHD Blu-ray players to access movie and TV show content. To meet this demand, over 250 UHD titles were released in 2017 alone.
Key Issues Addressed
- Will the market continue to decline at its present rate over the forecast period?
- Where does Blu-ray technology stand today? What are the primary challenges faced by vendors addressing this market? What are the drivers and restraints for growth in this market?
- What does the current competitive landscape look like? Will there be further consolidation over the next 4-5 years?
- Is the market attractive for mergers and acquisitions? What are the revenue breakups by geographical regions - North America / EMEA / Asia-Pacific / Latin America? Which are the fastest growing?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. External Challenges: Drivers And Restraints - Blu-Ray Media And Players Market
4. Blu-Ray Players Segment
5. Blu-Ray Media Segment
6. Growth Opportunities And Companies To Action
7. The Last Word
- Sonopres (Arvato)
- Sony DADC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j9xcv8/global_bluray?w=4