REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 PLUS – The highly acclaimed PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION series has finally come to Nintendo Switch. Featuring eye-popping high-resolution 3D graphics and funky visuals, the latest version of the classic game takes chomping and chasing through mazes to a whole new level.
- PAYDAY 2 – PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington, D.C., for an epic crime spree. (Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.) PAYDAY 2 launches on Feb. 27.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- SteamWorld Dig 2 – SteamWorld Dig 2 takes you on a platform mining adventure. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath. Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps.
- Super Mario Odyssey Update – Starting today, you can download a free update for the Super Mario Odyssey game for the Nintendo Switch system. The free update adds a fun new minigame called Balloon World (internet access required*), which you can play after finishing the main story. To get started, just find Luigi in a kingdom and talk to him! In Hide It mode, you can take a balloon and hide it somewhere in that kingdom for other players to find. In Find It mode, you must find balloons hidden by other players. There’s a limited time to hide and find the balloons, so act fast! All the secret and out-of-the-way areas you found while playing the game will come in handy! The update also adds new outfits and filters to use in Snapshot Mode!
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO MAGICAL DROP III (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Ace of Seafood (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives HEROIC EPISODE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Bridge Constructor Portal (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 28
- ChromaGun – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Dragon Sinker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Hollow (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- MEMBRANE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- POOL (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Radiation Island (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Spacecats with Lasers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Spot The Difference (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 26
- Superola and the Lost Burgers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- The Final Station (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 23
- Toki Tori 2+: Nintendo Switch Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 23
- Twin Robots: Ultimate Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 23
- Typoman (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Fat Dragons (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- The Alliance Alive – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Feb. 27
- Fat Dragons (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
*Nintendo Account required. Online services and features, including online gameplay, are free until the paid Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in 2018.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch, https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or https://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com/, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.