SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The impact of screen time on young people comes in varying degrees, from a distraction that takes time away from other things, to real emotional and social deficits that could have a lasting effect, such as from cyber-bullying. Vimana , developer of the first digital parenting system with artificial intelligence monitoring to help parents manage their kids’ digital life and prevent screen addiction – whether they are home or away – launches its product’s Indiegogo Campaign and kicks off a Digital Detox Challenge for families.
The product being introduced on Indiegogo includes:
- Vimana Home device – a smart home device that plugs into the existing home router and manages online screen time on all devices in the home network; acts as the family's first line of defense against online threats.
- Vimana Anywhere app – Download onto your kids’ devices to keep them protected online anywhere they go, home, school, and away.
- Vimana Dashboard app – Download the Vimana Dashboard app on your device to manage what your kids see, access, and do online.
Product features include:
- Monitor online usage by categories or interests (Educational, Gaming, Sports, Football, Social Media)
- Dial up the positive interests to nurture healthier digital consumption
- Enforce screen controls even when kids are at school
- Place daily time limits on kids’ access to social media apps and websites
- Apply digital curfews and time allowances to reduce screen time
- Manage what kids do on their devices
- Block specific keywords, categories, apps, and websites to prevent accidental exposure to inappropriate content
- Configure a customized content rating based on the Vimana Intuitive Rating System
- Use School Mode to restrict access to educational-rated sites and apps only, while kids are at school
- Use Family Mode to pause the internet for meal times, family time, and bedtime
The Digital Detox Challenge is a fun way for families to gradually decrease screen time over a 7-day period and beyond. The goal is for family members, including parents, to become more aware of their screen habits and to replace some of their time using mobile devices with family time, exercise, and other fun activities.
Vimana makes parenting easier in the digital world with the Vimana Home device that connects to the existing home router, the Vimana Anywhere app for kids’ mobile devices, and Vimana Dashboard monitoring and control app for parents. Founded by three engineers – Sadasivudu Malladi, CEO, Pravin Bathija, CTO, and Sundeep Jaswal, Creative Director – the inspiration for Vimana came from very personal experience – the accidental exposure to inappropriate online content by their young kids. For more information, visit www.vimana.io or visit @Vimana_WiFi on Facebook or Twitter .