ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Northern Virginia-based TMSOFT announced today the release of a new mobile application designed to simplify the lives of everybody who enjoys listening to Podcasts.
Available for both Android and iOS, Playapod is a new cross-platform mobile app that syncs podcasts to the cloud, allowing for immediate playback across all devices.
Unlike their competitors, Playapod is the only podcast app that displays exactly what the user has listened to, skipped over and “favorited” across all podcast episodes. Features include cross-platform device syncing, episode progress down to the second, time-coded bookmarks, offline listening, intuitive interface and fast performance. Free to download, Playapod will never disrupt original podcast content by displaying advertising or interrupting the playback with audio ads.
Playapod features include:
1. Discover Podcasts - Find new podcasts by browsing Featured and Popular lists. Podcast subscriptions download automatically so your device is always updated and ready to play.
2. Multi-Device Sync - Sync podcast subscriptions and episode data between multiple devices across all platforms! Sign-in using Email, Twitter, Facebook or Google to enable device syncing.
3. Precision Progress Bar - All podcast episodes display exactly the portions that you have listened to, skipped, and favorited down to the second. Never forget where you left off, what parts you have heard or the favorite moments of each episode. All progress bar info is synced across your devices.
4. Bookmarking - Bookmark your favorite moments so you can quickly go back and listen again. Bookmarks are time-coded and cloud synced across all your devices.
5. Listen Offline - Download entire podcasts and listen without a network connection or cellular data charges.
6. Media Controls - Toggle playback and skip forward and backwards quickly using lock screen and Bluetooth controls.
7. No Ads - No bulky third party ad networks that kill battery life, slow performance, and consume network bandwidth.
8. Free Download - Free to download from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Amazon Appstore.
9. Push Notifications - Receive new episode notifications delivered to your device and stay on top of your favorite shows.
10. Import Podcasts - Quickly import a list of podcasts using OPML files.
11. Advanced Configuration - Lots of settings to customize and tweak the behavior of the Playapod app.
“I created Playapod because as an avid consumer of podcasts, I was unhappy with the other apps on the market,” said Todd Moore, founder of TMSOFT and creator of Playapod. “They were either difficult to use or missing key features. People want simple. They want to grab a device, run out the door and know exactly what they have listened to and where they left off.”
Officially launching today, Tuesday, February 6, Playapod is available via free download from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Amazon Appstore.
To download Playapod, please click on https://playapod.com/app