DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "General Mineral Mining Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Companies involved in potash mining are increasingly using potash solution mining techniques to improve extraction efficiency and increase profitability. Conventional mining of potash is associated with technical problems and additional costs. Solution mining results in a lower environmental footprint for the operating facilities, lower technical risks, higher extract ratio and faster lead time and lower investment costs than conventional mining process. Companies such as Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, Mosaic, Intrepid Potash, and Western Potash are operating using potash solution mining technique in various mining projects.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the general mineral mining market in 2017, accounting for over 37% market share. This was mainly due to large market for chemical and fertilizers in the region, thereby driving extraction of mineral pigments, potash, sulfur and rock salt mining. North America was the second largest region accounting for over 22% market share. Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for over 3% market share.
- Markets Covered: Others (Agate, Alabaster, Asphalt, Garnet, Mica, Magnesite, Vermiculite, Baryte, Fluorspar, Diamond (gem.)), Potash, Salt, Sulfur, Kaolin, Asbestos, Feldspar, Boron, Gypsum, Talc, Graphite, Bentonite, Diatomite, Lithium, Selenium, Perlite, Arsenic, and Diamond (Industrial).
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- CRH Plc
- Israel Corporation Ltd.
- OCP S.A.
- The Mosaic Company
- Vulcan Materials Company
- Lafargeholcim Ltd
- Martin Marietta Aggregates
- Cemex S.A.B. de C.V.
- Mitsubishi Cement Corp
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kpkxl8/global_general?w=4