REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Tournament DX Battle Pack: Wave 1 – The Pokkén
Tournament DX Battle Pack grants immediate access to Avatar
items upon purchase and two waves of DLC as they are released.
(The full game is required to access the DLC.) The Battle Pack
contains two new Battle Pokémon and two new Support Pokémon Sets.
With these Pokémon joining the fray, the battle is just getting
- Wave 1 launched on Jan. 31 and contains Battle Pokémon Aegislash, a new Support Pokémon set featuring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu, and additional Avatar items.
- Wave 2 releases on March 23 and contains Battle Pokémon Blastoise, a new Support Pokémon set featuring Mew and Celebi, and additional Avatar items.
- Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition – Crypt of the NecroDancer is an award-winning, hardcore rhythm-based dungeon crawling game. Players must move on the beat to navigate randomly generated dungeons and battle dancing skeletons, zombies and dragons, while grooving to the game’s award-winning Danny Baranowsky soundtrack. Players can even team up with a friend in local co-op mode.
- Dandara – Welcome to a unique 2D platformer full of mystical creatures and boundless exploration. Defy gravity as you jump across floors, walls and ceilings alike. Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden throughout the world of Salt and its diverse array of characters. Empower Dandara for combat and survival against enemies bent on oppression. Dandara will be available on Feb. 6.
- Night in the Woods – Night in the Woods is an adventure game focused on exploration, story and character, featuring dozens of characters to meet and lots to do across a lush, vibrant world. Break stuff, play bass, hang out, walk on powerlines, jump between roofs, and discover strange and amazing and terrible things you never asked for. Come home and waste your life away in Possum Springs.
- Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack: Wave 1 – The Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack grants immediate access to Avatar items upon purchase and two waves of DLC as they are released. (The full game is required to access the DLC.) The Battle Pack contains two new Battle Pokémon and two new Support Pokémon Sets. With these Pokémon joining the fray, the battle is just getting started.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Fire Emblem Heroes Activities:
Fire Emblem Heroes One-Year Anniversary Celebration! – We’ve
reached our one-year anniversary! Thanks for your support. To thank
everyone for playing the game, we are holding a celebration with five
- Summoning Focus: One-Year-Anniversary Hero Fest, from Feb. 1 at 11 p.m. PT to Feb. 8 at 10:59 p.m. PT. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Fire Emblem Heroes, four dependable Heroes are part of a 5-star summoning focus. Also, the initial summoning rate for 5-star Focus Heroes will be set to 5%. For new summoning events, the first time you summon, you won’t have to use Orbs. Check it out from the Summon menu.
- One-Year-Anniversary Present, from Feb. 1 at 11 p.m. PT to March 7 at 10:59 p.m. PT. During this time, anyone who logs in can receive 50 Orbs, one time only.
- One-Year-Anniversary Celebration Log-In Bonus, from Feb. 1 at 11 p.m. PT to Feb. 16 at 10:59 p.m. PT. During this time, you can receive a Log-In Bonus up to 10 times, for a total of 20 Orbs.
- Daily Special Maps, Feb. 1 at 11 p.m. PT to Feb. 25 at 11 p.m. PT. Daily Special Maps will be sent out every day for 25 days. There are two difficulties for each: Normal and Hard. You can earn up to 50 Orbs by playing.
- Double EXP and SP Event, Feb. 1 at 11 p.m. PT to Feb. 8 at 10:59 p.m. PT. During this time, the EXP and SP you earn in battle will be doubled.
- A Hero Rises – Now that the Choose Your Legends event is over, it’s time to decide who the No. 1 Hero is in all of Fire Emblem Heroes. Get ready for a new event, A Hero Rises, which runs from Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. PT to Feb. 19 at 6:59 p.m. PT. The top Hero will be given to players as a 5-star unit at a later date. Check out the voting website, and choose your favorite Hero.
- Illusory Dungeon – A new event, Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon, will be here, with the Labyrinth of Mists. The event runs from Feb. 8 at 11 p.m. PT to Feb. 22 at 10:59 p.m. PT. Illusory Dungeon is a simple battle game in which you time your taps on the screen to defeat enemies. You can even use Heroes who have not yet been leveled up, so feel free to choose your four favorite Heroes. During this time there will also be daily quests where you can earn different rewards each day. Starting on Feb. 11 at 11 p.m. PT, there will be two types of Tap Battle quests. Thanks again to everyone playing Fire Emblem Heroes, and happy anniversary! For more information about Fire Emblem Heroes, visit the official site.
My Nintendo Activities:
Nintendo February Rewards
Get set for Valentine’s Day with new My Nintendo rewards:
- My Nintendo is offering a cute Super Mario: Pastel Pink Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme. You can redeem points for the reward up to five times, so you can share it with someone special. The offer ends on March 31 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
February is shaping up to be a great month for classic Nintendo
game fans. Three beloved Nintendo 3DS games – Super Mario 3D
Land, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Ultimate
NES Remix – have just been added to the Nintendo Selects
- To celebrate, My Nintendo is offering the official Prima eGuide for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Redeem your points and get the eGuide to maximize your adventure.
- My Nintendo is also offering discounts for some awesome games, including certain Nintendo Selects games. Redeem your points and get discounts for games at great values – many participating titles are under $18. Not a My Nintendo member? Sign up now for free at my.nintendo.com.
- Get set for Valentine’s Day with new My Nintendo rewards:
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Theme
- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Chibi Theme
- Pokémon: Team Plasma (Pokémon Black and Pokémon White)
- Pokémon: Team Plasma (Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2)
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO SAMURAI SHODOWN II (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- 3D MiniGolf (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Black Hole (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 6
- The Darkside Detective (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 7
- 10 Second Run RETURNS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- AeternoBlade (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- AeternoBlade – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Her Majesty’s SPIFFING (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Island Flight Simulator (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Mad Carnage (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 2
- Mercenary Kings Reloaded (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Feb. 6
- Shiftlings – Enhanced Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Sky Force Reloaded (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- SteamWorld Dig (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Now I know my ABCs 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Toon War (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Battle Chopper (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- NECROMANCER (Virtual Console on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch, https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or https://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com/, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.