DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Directory of Healthcare Group Purchasing Organizations 2017/18 Edition" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This directory is a comprehensive reference work of health care purchasing entities that negotiate more than 65% of all health care products purchased by hospitals and related facilities, as well as the institutions they represent. Listings not only include Group Purchasing Organizations, but also other types of organizations that make volume health care purchases, including: multi-hospital corporations, multi-nursing home corporations, alliances, provider management companies, physicians' offices, and integrated delivery networks.
Recent years have brought tremendous changes to the business side of health care, including consolidations of health care organizations and the closing of many organizations' doors. As a result, the universe of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) is smaller than in years past, but the lists of Member Institutions, for which each GPO manages purchasing, have grown. This edition reflects this change in the industry, with 633 Group Purchasing Organizations in the United States and Canada - 13 more than the last edition - and over 12,000 Member Institutions.
Detailed profiles are arranged alphabetically by organization name, offering the most up-to-date data and contact information, including: mailing address, phone/fax numbers, e-mail addresses, websites, key organization executives, key purchasing agents, organization information (number of purchasing/proprietary members, types of members, number of beds, number of outpatient visits), product categories negotiated, vendor proposal requirements, membership fees, group affiliations, and alternate sites. Also listed as part of each organization profile are its Member Institutions-individual institutions whose health care purchases are managed by the listed organization. These are arranged by state and include city, contact name, and phone number. Many also include a full mailing address.
Five indexes are also included to help users find exactly what they're looking for:
- Expanded Services Index: An alphabetical list of organizations, categorized by Information Systems Consulting, Clinical Outcomes Analysis Assistance, Managed Care Consulting, Assistance in Cultivating Hospital/Physician Relationships, and Material Management Benchmarking.
- Geographic Index: A state-by-state listing of all organizations in the directory.
- Key Personnel Index: An alphabetical listing of all key contacts, including their affiliated organization. Specific purchasers and buyers are italicized.
- Member Institutions Index: An alphabetical listing of all member institutions in the directory.
- Organization Type Index: An alphabetical listing of all organizations, categorized by the following types: Group Purchasing Organization, Alliance, Provider Management Company, Physician's Office, and Integrated Delivery Network.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5nhd75/the_directory_of?w=4