The global paper & paperboard market had total revenues of $473.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2% between 2012 and 2016.
Global Paper & Paperboard industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The paper and paperboard market measures a country or region's total use of paper and paperboard. Paper and paperboard includes newsprint, printing and writing paper, packaging paper, household and sanitary paper, and other paper and paperboard.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.2% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 472.1 million tonnes in 2016.
- In early 2016, the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, as well as the country's Ministry of Finance jointly released a digitization plan for China's manufacturing sector. The plan intends to radically transform the manufacturing sector within the span of four years. Prior to this the Chinese government has also been encouraging the development of electronic codes for Chinese characters. 500,000 characters are expected to be digitized as part of this drive with more than 80,000 already being digitized as of October 2016. A strong state-led move towards digitization is having a negative impact on consumption levels of paper and paperboard as can be seen from the strong deceleration in volume growth in 2016.
Key Topics Covered:
- Paper & Paperboard in Asia-Pacific
- Paper & Paperboard in Europe
- Paper & Paperboard in France
- Paper & Paperboard in Germany
- Paper & Paperboard in Italy
- Paper & Paperboard in Japan
- Paper & Paperboard in Australia
- Paper & Paperboard in Canada
- Paper & Paperboard in China
- Paper & Paperboard in The Netherlands
- Paper & Paperboard in Spain
- Paper & Paperboard in The United Kingdom
- Paper & Paperboard in The United States
- Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/55dgc4/global_paper_and?w=4