LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--At CES® 2018, Sleep Number Corporation (NASDAQ: SNBR) will provide a glimpse into the future of health and wellness. From identifying and warning of a heart attack to detecting sleep apnea, the Sleep Number 360™ smart bed’s biometric sleep tracking technology and comprehensive sleep database are laying the foundation for an effortless sleep and health platform.
“We envision a future where higher quality sleep transforms consumers’ health and wellness,” said Shelly Ibach, Sleep Number president and chief executive officer. “Sleep Number’s 360 smart bed’s robust SleepIQ technology platform integrates sleep science, sophisticated biometrics and artificial intelligence to provide consumers with effortless adjustability and tangible improvements to their health.”
Today, the SleepIQ® technology platform powers one of the most comprehensive databases of biometric consumer sleep data in the world. Each night, SleepIQ® technology seamlessly reads hundreds of measurements per second, tracks hundreds of thousands of sleep sessions, and analyzes over 4 billion biometric data points. In the future, Sleep Number’s advanced biometric sleep tracking technology may potentially:
- Detect irregular breathing or heart beat patterns, like sleep apnea or a heart attack – and alert emergency services.
- Identify the flu or other epidemics as they spread locally, and communicate this information to health officials and the public.
- Play a role in monitoring patients outside of a hospital by sharing the related personal data with your doctor to support a diagnosis.
- Monitor recovery following medical procedures, so you can recover at home instead of at a medical facility.
CES Speaking Engagements
As the sleep innovation leader, Sleep Number is sharing its vision and sleep knowledge in a range of discussions at CES that address today’s smart home and the impact of connected sleep, health and wellness on our daily lives:
- Tues., Jan. 9, 4:15 p.m. (Venetian, Level 4, Marcello 4405) – Chief Product Officer Annie Bloomquist is participating in the “Health and Wellness in the Smart Home” panel as part of the CONNECTIONS Summit: IoT and the Connected Consumer to discuss developments in connected health and chart the next steps to integrate health and wellness solutions into the connected home experience.
- Wed., Jan. 10, 3:30 p.m. (Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4302) – Director of Product, SleepIQ Technology Stacy Stusynski is participating in the Family Tech Summit’s “The Real You” session and will address using tech tools in a car, on your wrist, and in your home to stay connected and balanced.
- Thurs., Jan. 11, 2:20 p.m. (Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4304) – In “Scientific Insights into the Future of Sleep Tech” at the Digital Health Summit, President and CEO Shelly Ibach is sharing her vision of the future of sleep technology in delivering the world a better night’s sleep, and in turn, better health.
Media Note: CES attendees can visit Sleep Number in Las Vegas at booth #43701 in the Tech West Sands Expo Halls A-D.
About Sleep Number Corporation
As the leader in sleep innovation, Sleep Number Corporation (NASDAQ: SNBR) delivers the best quality sleep through effortless, adjustable comfort and biometric sleep tracking. Sleep Number is a visionary in health and wellness, proving the connection between quality sleep and wellbeing. With its powerful SleepIQ® technology platform, powering one of the most comprehensive databases of biometric consumer sleep data in the world, Sleep Number is fundamentally changing the way we monitor and manage health. To experience better quality sleep, visit one of the over 550 Sleep Number® stores located in all 50 states or SleepNumber.com. For additional information, visit our newsroom and investor relations site.