SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announces its plans for a float based on the Prime Original Series with the most watched season premiere in the history of Prime Video—The Grand Tour—which launched its second season on December 8. Amazon’s float will appear in the 129th Rose Parade, held on New Year’s Day in Pasadena, CA. The float is the first from a streaming service, and Prime members can catch it and all the other parade action on the two-hour special The 2018 Rose Parade Hosted by Cord & Tish, streaming live on Amazon Prime Video, January 1, 2018 at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET.
In keeping with The Grand Tour’s spirit of adventure, this entry is unlike anything seen before in the Rose Parade. The design includes three human-powered floats, each featuring the face of one of the presenters—Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May—inside a giant wheel. The wheels will each have a collage of images from The Grand Tour, including an array of automotive components such as a hubcap, steering wheel and revolution gauge, as well as icons of global adventure such as a map, famous international landmarks and a series of ring roads.
Eight people per wheel will roll the three-part float for the duration of the 5.5 mile parade route. As the first float to be pushed for the entire parade and in keeping with this year’s parade theme of “Making A Difference,” The Grand Tour’s entry is making a difference with one of the smallest carbon footprints in the parade.
This bold entry features an analogous color scheme with fiery yellow, orange and red hues juxtaposed against crisp black and white. The presenters’ faces are painstakingly rendered with subtle blends of nigella, poppy seed and crushed sweet rice. The wheel rims showcase a vibrant ombre effect of roses, including Deja Vu, Kerio, Voodoo, Orange Crush and Star 2000. Silverleaf protea, black nori (seaweed) and coconut flakes are used extensively to decorate the various automotive components. Vivid mosaics of carnations and chrysanthemums provide a technicolor backdrop for the gigantic wheels. As the inner drive wheels roll forward, the outer cosmetic wheels will revolve counter-clockwise. The various other gears, wheels and gauges are animated as well.
The float is built by Paradiso Parade Floats and designed by Charles Meier. For more information on the float design, please visit https://www.tournamentofroses.com/media/resources.
Join the global motoring adventures of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, available exclusively through Amazon Prime. Season two of the record-breaking The Grand Tour will see presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embarking on their most extensive adventure ever, traveling across the globe and attempting to avoid any further mishaps or injuries along the way, before returning home to pitch their studio tent in the Cotswolds, UK. The trio will spend over 100 days across five continents, racking up more passport stamps from Croatia, Mozambique, Dubai, Colorado, Switzerland, New York, Spain and many more exotic locations around the world. Fans can follow The Grand Tour on Facebook and Twitter to be the first notified of upcoming news.
Prime members can stream new episodes of The Grand Tour Fridays, exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at amazon.com/thegrandtour. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series is a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like The Grand Tour, The Tick, Landline, The Big Sick and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Live Sports: Sporting events, including NFL Thursday Night Football and ATP tennis, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Over 140 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About the Pasadena Tournament of Roses
The Tournament of Roses is a volunteer organization that hosts America’s New Year Celebration with the Rose Parade presented by Honda, the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual and a variety of accompanying events. 935 volunteer members of the association will drive the success of 129th Rose Parade themed “Making A Difference,” on Monday, January 1, 2018, followed by the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the 104th Rose Bowl Game. For more information, visit www.tournamentofroses.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.