DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Southeast Asia Mobile Games Market Report 2017-2021" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
2017 Mobile Games Revenue is Projected to Reach $1.1 Billion, Rising to $2.4 Billion by 2021, With Faster Growth Than Previously Forecast
Southeast Asia's mobile games market is booming, representing a lucrative opportunity for mobile developers and publishers. Huge numbers of avid gamers, lower user acquisition costs, the prevalence of the English language, and a relatively open market for new entrants all make the region very attractive.
However, each country's different culture, gamer preferences, and spending behaviors means there is no one size fits all approach to the region. One particular differentiator with the West is the mobile app distribution system, which is broader than just Google Play and Apple App Store. Further, while the regulatory landscape is more relaxed than China, several countries have regulations that do impact strategy for the region.
Key Takeaways from the Analysis:
- 2017 mobile games revenue is projected to reach $1.1 billion, rising to $2.4 billion by 2021, with faster growth than previously forecast
- The number of mobile online gamers in Southeast Asia will pass 170 million by the end of 2017, rising to 250 million by 2021
- Mobile games are growing considerably faster in Southeast Asia than PC online games, with mobile games revenue surpassing PC games revenue in by 2018
- Most mobile games are free-to-play, but core gamers are raising spending on an increasing number of new games in genres such as RPG and MOBA
- Mobile esports is on the rise, due to Arena of Valor (Garena) and other MOBA titles.
- International developers enjoy launching games in SEA because of the huge number of avid gamers, lower install rates and user acquisition costs, and because games can remain in English as the majority of gamers in these countries speak and read English as a 1st or 2nd language.
- A comprehensive analysis of the SEA region as a whole and by individual country
- Market model and 5-year forecast through 2021 for mobile games revenues and mobile gamers
- Growth drivers and trends
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, demographics, behavior, operating systems and usage for mobile games
- Top games and publishers, with country detail for games lists
- User acquisition and distribution
- Mobile internet usage, devices, OS, and payments
- 111 slides, 90 data exhibits
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. SEA Mobile Market Size & 5-Year Forecast
3. Gamer Survey
4. SEA Regional Economic Data
5. Mobile Internet Penetration, Usage, Devices, OS
6. User Acquisition & Distribution
7. Country-by-Country Analysis
8. Glossary & Background Data
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sjhtbn/southeast_asia.