DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Liqid, the leader in composable infrastructure solutions, announced today at Supercomputing 2017 (SC17) that the Liqid Grid, an intelligent PCI-Express (PCIe) fabric switch, and Liqid Command Center software that enables bare-metal composable infrastructure will be generally available to IT users in Q1-2018. Liqid Grid enables once-static infrastructure to scale on demand to effectively manage the explosion of data associated with cloud, enterprise, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence- (AI), edge computing- and Internet of Things (IoT)-driven environments, as well as other emerging, high-value, data-intensive applications.
Liqid and industry-leading partners will demo a wide variety of use cases for composability at SC17, highlighting how to instantly orchestrate scalable bare-metal GPU and compute solutions for these next-generation HPC workloads.
“To achieve true advancements in next-generation data center architecture, static infrastructure must become far more dynamic to accommodate the emerging and often overwhelming new data reality,” said Ashish Nadkarni, Program Director, Computing Platforms, IDC. “Composable infrastructure technologies solve this problem by unlocking resources from their final mechanical limitations and adapting to the data’s unpredictable ebb and flow to achieve new computing frontiers.”
Introducing Liqid Composable – a Composable Infrastructure Platform Enabled by the Liqid Grid and Liqid Command Center
Liqid Composable leverages industry-standard data center components to deliver a flexible, scalable architecture built from pools of disaggregated resources. Compute, network, storage, and graphics processing (GPU) devices are interconnected over PCIe to deliver dynamically configurable bare-metal servers perfectly sized with the exact physical resources required by the application being deployed.
The Liqid Grid, a managed fabric switch, allows core system resources to be instantly interconnected into bare-metal servers through a PCIe fabric and dynamically reconfigured as needed. Liqid Command Center is the powerful management software that automates, orchestrates and composes physical servers from pools of bare-metal resources.
Liqid Grid (PCIe switching fabric): The ultra-low latency,
intelligent and managed PCIe Gen 3.0 switching fabric that
electrically interconnects pools of disaggregated system
- Managed PCIe Gen 3.0 switching fabric
- 24-ports of Gen 3.0 x4 (configurable to x8 or x16)
- Bandwidth of 192 GB/s (full duplex)
- Switching latency of ~150 ns
- Scalable fabric expandable to connect thousands of devices
Liqid Command Center (Software): Composable infrastructure
management software that automates, orchestrates and dynamically
composes physical bare-metal servers.
- Fabric management software for bare-metal machine orchestration
- Policy-based automation and dynamic provisioning of resources
- Advanced cluster, machine, and device statistics & monitoring
- Multiple control methods including GUI and RESTful API
- Scalable architecture supporting high availability (HA)
Liqid Composable will be available in two different configurations in order to better meet the diverse needs of IT users across vertical markets:
- Liqid Grid with Liqid Command Center: Liqid Grid comes integrated with Liqid Command Center, delivering complete and dynamic control of system resources, enabling true hardware disaggregation and bare-metal server orchestration.
- Developer’s Kit: For customers looking to experience composable infrastructure solutions from Liqid to immediately improve datacenter resource utilization with a turn-key solution, a complete developer’s kit is available. With compute, network, storage and graphics processing devices included in the kit, users are able to begin developing their applications using Liqid Grid and Command Center with a fully integrated, rack-mountable enclosure.
“Our industry must accommodate the shift to a dynamic, agile infrastructure better suited to making real-time, AI-driven decisions,” said Jay Breakstone, CEO, Liqid. “Liqid is proud to be at the center of the AI revolution by providing the fundamental building blocks for this paradigm shift. With the general availability of Liqid’s Grid and Command Center, users can take advantage of the industry’s most advanced, adaptive infrastructure to meet data challenges associated with the age of artificial intelligence.”
SC17 Partner Demonstrations
In Liqid’s booth (#489) and with partners throughout the SC17 exhibits hall, Liqid is demonstrating composable solutions. Learn more about how Liqid Grid allows GPU-accelerated adaptive infrastructure to solve today’s biggest challenges in HPC. See collaboration with industry leaders:
Visit Liqid at booth #489 at SC17 or go to www.liqid.com and schedule a demo.
A leader in composable infrastructure, Liqid enables users to configure and manage physical, bare-metal server systems in seconds. Storage, compute, networking and graphics processing devices are interconnected over PCI-Express fabric to deliver dynamically configurable bare-metal servers perfectly sized with the exact physical resources required by the application being deployed. Liqid Grid and Command Center allow users to optimize system resources to meet the evolving requirements for next-generation, high-value applications. For more information, contact the Liqid team at email@example.com or visit www.liqid.com. Follow Liqid on Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.