DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Zambia - Telecoms, Mobile, and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
New Zambian data centre opened to encourage digital economy growth.
Zambia is a landlocked country with a focus on developing ICTs to spur growth in the digital economy. Consumers have benefited from access to international submarine fibre optic cables, which has seen a considerably reduction in fixed-line and mobile access pricing. The government's Universal Access Fund has made considerable progress, particularly in paying for more than 1,000 base stations to be built.
As a result, by the end of 2017 mobile coverage should be available to 92% of the population. Separately, mobile network operators continue to invest in 3G and LTE-based services, while several ISPs have also rolled out WiMAX wireless broadband networks. MTN Zambia in addition has initiated an FttP program, initially in Lusaka. These developments are set to increase overall broadband penetration significantly in coming years.
- Government secures funds to build 800 mobile towers in rural areas;
- MTN Zambia announces FttP rollout plans via its Connected Home' initiative;
- Chinese government lends $273 million to complete digital broadcast process by end-2017;
- New licence framework could pave the way for a fourth mobile network operator;
- Zamtel launches LTE service in the Copperbelt Province as part of the Universal Access Service;
- National Data Center opens as part of the government's Smart Zambia project;
- Vodafone Zambia completes LTE-A rollout program;
- iWayAfrica Zambia adds FttP services to its VSAT offerings;
- Liquid Telecom extends FttP services;
- IMF no longer sets government sale of its stake in Zamtel as a condition for $1.3 billion loan;
- Western Fibre Route cable connecting Malawi to Zambia;
- Airtel commits an additional $142 million for network expansion and upgrades;
- Mobile subscriber base falls as unregistered SIM cards are removed from operators' services;
Report update includes the regulator's market updates to June 2017,
operator data to Q1 2017, recent market developments.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Key statistics
3. Country overview
4. Telecommunications market
5. Regulatory environment
6. Fixed network operators
7. Telecommunications infrastructure
8. Fixed-line broadband market
9. Digital economy
10. Digital media
11. Mobile market
- Zambia Telecommunications (Zamtel
- MTN Zambia
- Bharti Airtel
- Cell Z (Zamtel)
- Coppernet Solutions
- UUNet Zambia
- Microlink Technologies
- Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESCO)
- Copperbelt Energy Corporation (CEC)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7w26jc/zambia
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.