With more than 200 million fans and the most top competitors and teams, China dominates the global esports market and is also the most advanced in terms of esports infrastructure and venues. Many of China's leading companies are investing billions to grow the market. The report explains our analysis on the factors that are driving and inhibiting growth as well as which companies, games, and competitors, both foreign and domestic, are important.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- The market size for professional esports in China in 2017 will be $1.26 billion, not including the revenue from Chinese gamers playing esports games
- Chinese professional gaming teams have earned cult-like status among millions of domestic gamers, and are leading contenders at most worldwide esports tournaments.
- The growing popularity of esports has led to a resurgence in I-caf usage. Gamers not only play esports games and tournaments at I-cafs, they also watch online streams of the country's best players.
- Social media has been a key driver of esports leading to live game broadcasts, interaction between fans and professional, sponsorships and advertising.
- Some of the most popular esports games in China include League of Legends, Dota 2, CrossFire, Clash Royale and Honor of Kings.
- Mobile esports will drive growth in 2017 and beyond due to the proliferation of smartphones, growing popularity of mobile esports titles and ability to stream tournaments on-the-go.
Key Topics Covered:
2. eSports Market Overview
3. Genres & Trends
4. Notable Companies & Games
5. Notable Teams & Pros
6. Gamer Insights
7. Internet Cafes
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kw2jfj/2017_china_topic